National Retrobike MTB Ride 4: The Quantock Hills 12 July

Re: Quantock Hills 12 July

Hopefully there will be some dust about by then, I'm getting fed up with mud now :(

I'll be organising this one :)
Haven't been riding much recently - injured my lower back before Xmas and then this weather!
Anyway, I've a got a general route in mind, but suggestions for bits that people would like included are welcome. Need to decide where to start the ride - top or bottom!
If at the top, then the Lydeard Hill carpark is a good starting point. Or maybe the Plough Inn at Holford, which would mean we could finish the ride with Holford Combe or similar. I could talk to the landlord, and see if it was ok to use the garden afterwards.

Me :) waiting for it to get a bit drier, and then'll I'll do some recce rides up there. God knows what the Combes are like after the recent storms!

There's not actually many trees down, I think last winter's bad weather got rid of all the weak ones. I cleared a couple from the greatwood d/h run last week and one of the other trails nearby but apart from that all the bits I've ridden have being pretty good.

Evening All,
We went down to the Quantocks last weekend, up on the top at Crowcombe & I was gutted I didn't take my bike. I assumed it would be mud, mud & more mud but no, nothing! Bone dry compared to here on the Mendips! Will be returning soon I hope & will try to join you in July.

Tell me tell me tell me when................

Quantock, quantock, quantock, quan-tock

I think if you read the thread title THM, you may get a slight clue when the ride is. :facepalm:

I'll be going, so if you want to drop in here on the way down, we can shove all the gear in one car.

It's a old song, silly.

I shall apply for a pass or go AWOL

I'd like to join in with this ride, haven't ridden the quantocks in ages :)
is there any idea what sort of duration/distance? I'm coming back to mtbing after being off bike for over 2 years due to injury and i don't want to over do it....

Back