Narrow-wide chain rings

stmoots

Geoff Capes
This is kind of a retro bike question. I have a problem finding a narrow-wide chain ring for a 94 bcd. I assume like many other member wanting to try the new 1x system while retaining as much of our retro parts. In my case, my Race Face LP cranks are still perfectly functional. What are the other members' solution. I have since found a source in China.

I believe I've seen hope ones, though they may have been 110 BCD now I think about it. As you've found, plenty of Chinese options which tend to be low cost and as far as others have said, not that much different to more spendy ones.

indeed, there are plenty of options for 4 arm BCD104 cranks, for less than 10 bucks per chain ring from Aliexpress, ebay, etc.
a few ones for RR BCD130,
very less ones for BCD110
almost nothing on BCD94, or only pretty expensive
or expensive (but nice ones) from Gebhardt
https://www.gebhardt.cz/ you have to ask or browse price lists, a NW BCD94 was appox. 50€
or Stridsland

That's the reason why I'm trying if I want to have a 1xX set-up (personally i do like this a lot for bikes I'm using as daily driver) also for my classic bikes to organize a 4 arm cranks but with square bottom bracket like Ritchey, Bontrager, Corratec, XTR950 (with XT spider hack) or STX RC (4 arm spider variant)
20211022_234315.jpg 20220224_212844.jpg

Last edited:
Wolf Tooth makes 94 BCD Narrow Wide.
are you sure? Earlier they had just regular BCD94 chain rings,
now I could only find very expensive one (72€!) with Drop-Stop (their name for NW), but only up to 32T

That's good for a 29er and XD cassettes with just 9T cog for higher speeds, but to slow on an old 26" MTB with 11T minimum cog at the back.

Interesting, do you people there is a small market for these chain rings. I'm looking for the North American members.
I may be able to get those Chinese made narrow-wides for about $50 us(resale). It is a lot cheaper than some of the other options. It also allows us to retain some of retro cranks.

Just got some samples today.
7075 t651

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_070549.jpg
    IMG_20230824_070549.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230823_214331.jpg
    20230823_214331.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 4
In My case. I'm using race face lp's. I like the looks. It works and i wanted to keep using it. All the modern stuff needed me to change my set up. Very expensive. This us my simple solution. I hope to have supply this fall

Latest posts

Back