My Yellow Pinarello - Updated - new pics

LaurenceCardiff":1bkqhzp4 said:
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but i'm pretty sure this is a mid nineties Pinarello, possibly later.
L

You might be right, I have no real idea of the frame's age. Not sure how to go about finding out either. Is there a serial number or frame design data base somewhere?

:facepalm: Sorry, what am I talking about? No, it's not Columbus, getting a bit confused between this and another Italian frame I have.

Anyway, that helps me date it. What year did they make the switch?

It might well be Columbus tubing, just rebranded as Pinarello tubing. I can't tell exactly what the decals say. They did a bit of shifting around I think. There's a catalogues subforum or thread somewhere on retrobike with all the catalogues on... should be easy enough to identify it from that.

L

Did a bit of digging online for similar frames, and it does look like the original frame would have been 1994 - so, not full-on vintage maybe, but still looks pretty good to my eyes. Will definitely not be swapping in aero levers or scraping off decals though!!!! It's the first bike I've ever built up from scratch with separately sourced parts and has a special place in my affections.

Yeah I figured it'd be around then. No it definitely looks great, was just a matter of personal taste based on when it was built. Enjoy it!

L

Back