My Viking Grand Tour

I have pretty much identicle Viking grand tour. Same green colour. Had since new on fourteeth birthday. When new it had Benelux gear gange. Chainset by Williams - one of cranks snapped clean in to two. Original Weiman brakes. Orig handlebars and stems. Originaly steel wheels - now aluminium - wish I had kept the the hubs. Seat was as above - leather cracked in two. Am thinking of restoring to restore frame. Bike in current use.

Attachments

• Dartmoor classic 3766B-DACL08 (2).jpg
    Dartmoor classic 3766B-DACL08 (2).jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 298
Wow, just like mine except yours is in racing trim with the headlamp bracket removed. What's your frame number? It'd be interesting to see how closely related they are. Mine is L05544.

Hi Sorry for late reply - have been away. Numbers are quite different and stamped in a different place which is quite surprising - maybe it was up to the frame builder where he put the stamp. Your chain set lookes like the one I had before one of the cranks snapped. My bike had a benelux gear changer when new. Have found original front wheel in garage so may get this rebuilt. I like the look of the hub flanges.
My number S12361
Yours is L05544

Attachments

• WP_20161205_15_00_52_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20161205_15_00_52_Pro (2).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 220
Back