My Son’s first retro – A homage to the man - DONE (Page 6)

Re:

Thanks to speedy post office action by HarryBurgundy, a lovely XTR bottom bracket arrived today in the right size. Means I could finally finish my sons build.

As always, there are still a couple of gremlins to work out. The rear hub is running rough with some play so will need adjustment and new bearings whilst I am at it. Also because the frame is so small and not suspension corrected there is a little clearance issue with the pace fork crown. I am hoping I can solve this with a different crown race sleeve shim thing. The current one goes through the fork rather than sits on top, so that may give me the extra 1-2mm or so that I need.

Anyway details details....I hope you like it as much as I do ! First ride pics will be up before the weekend :cool:

Attachments

• bike5.JPG
    bike5.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 598
  • bike6.JPG
    bike6.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 597
  • bike4.JPG
    bike4.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 598
  • bike3.JPG
    bike3.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 598
  • bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 597
  • bike2.JPG
    bike2.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 596
That looks brillant! Is he actually going to get to ride it? or is it going on his bedroom wall? :LOL:

Looks fab mate and a speedy build (by your standard of course :) )

Re:

Wow ..!! makes me want to be a kid again :) , Your son is super lucky, really hope he enjoys riding it :)

Beautifully put together , Top marks on a fantastic build :) :cool:

Ian

Re:

Turns out the rear hub is total mincemeat..in fact that's what the stuff that came out of it looked like. :cool:

Temporary back up wheels installed to get it moving. :(

Back