My Panasonics... and others

I like that Atala... A mate of mine has just got one of those. However his has a rather suspect harlequin paint job.

Panasonic Mountain Cat 7500

Just joined the forum and now I'm afraid you'll throw me back out for what I've done to my Panasonic Mountain Cat 7500. I've basically made a comfort bike out of it, with a 7-speed internal rear hub, a big soft seat, big tires, and upright handlebars.

It has a yellow shading to green color scheme: Does that define its age for any of you experts.

My other Panasonic is a DX2000, which I'm waffling on whether to keep. Its paint was so bad that I have stripped and primered it. Now I am debating whether I am building it back up for myself or to resell.

Great to see all the pretty Panasonics in these pages.

Re: Panasonic Mountain Cat 7500

pagetuner":1v9t210q said:
Just joined the forum and now I'm afraid you'll throw me back out for what I've done to my Panasonic Mountain Cat 7500. I've basically made a comfort bike out of it, with a 7-speed internal rear hub, a big soft seat, big tires, and upright handlebars.

It has a yellow shading to green color scheme: Does that define its age for any of you experts.

My other Panasonic is a DX2000, which I'm waffling on whether to keep. Its paint was so bad that I have stripped and primered it. Now I am debating whether I am building it back up for myself or to resell.

Great to see all the pretty Panasonics in these pages.

Pagetuner,

Yellow shading to green: Panasonic carried the PICS program that allowed you choose paintscheme and several more specs, what makes determining year form paint a bit difficult. I personally can't tell you what year your Mountain Cat is. Maybe it helps to take a look at ZeRingers site? There are some catalogues there.

The original Shimano components also carry date codes in them. You can check here (scroll down) what year they are from :)

And finally, please post some pics :p

2652423141_b083b16439.jpg

I like it. It looks very rugged. Pagetuner, I do not know whether you find it interesting to see the Euro '93 Panasonic line up, but you can view it here. If you like to see my PR-6000 finished: Keep an eye on the road section in this forums. I hope to have it ready it in the upcoming 2 weeks.

Back