My old wreckers

type49

Retro Guru
Thought I'd better post me old steeds up, so you can all have a giggle :roll:
The Ridgeback is a 602 GS, which I bought new in 95, still has original wheels, hubs, chainset, gear/brake levers, front & rear gearsets & poss chain itself. I changed the handlebars because I like the lazy upright position + it's better for wheelies (I'm 41 :LOL: ) I use it regularly & love it!!

The Marin is a 94 Muirwoods which also has all original everything, bar tyres. Bought on a whim cause I always wanted one & it was cheap. It's a bit lighter than the Ridgeback & I would have liked to keep it all original but the bars are too low for me, so I'll have to replace them for something like the Ridgeback's type. Apart from that & various scratches, it rides perfect.
Thanks.

Attachments

• bikes1.JPG
    bikes1.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 1,678
I was given my 94 Muirwoods a few years ago in an almost as good a condition as yours looks. In fact it's the bike I blame for discovering Retrobike.

It does ride nicely but it has a lot to answer for... :LOL:

I'm on the look-out now for a set of light, high rise bars for the marin, as I want to put a few miles on it. I'm out today but I think it'll be on the ridgeback cause it's sooooooo comfy. Do I swap the bars over? Mmmmmmmmm...... not sure yet......

My dad had the same Marin, and it came originally with enormous tyres that were simply brilliant - comfy and grippy!

marin risers

good set of bikes mate.

bikes like those help make this site what it is. good nostalgic fun!

and, no to the risers on the marin, keep the marin lites on, please, for me!

nice one. :cool:

Re: marin risers

marc two tone":6vvb94jg said:
good set of bikes mate.

bikes like those help make this site what it is. good nostalgic fun!

and, no to the risers on the marin, keep the marin lites on, please, for me!

nice one. :cool:

Haha, sorry mate, suffer from a bad back, so gota go more upright. risers will be going on but I'll have to colour-code them blue, so as they sought of fit in :cool:

Now added a 95 Marin Hawkhill to the collection (well, a couple of months ago now) It was painted all wrong but being a cheap bike & the cheapest Marin, it doesnt warrant painting it exact with the satin finish & all that. As I have s**t loads of silver paint, it's being painted silver with fluorecent yellow/green forks & stem. I've managed to get "most" of the correct stickers, apart from the "hawkhill" ones :roll: . It's also got V brakes on it, so these will have to go, in favour of cantis. Pics to follow......

Finally up & running, should really change the brakes to cantis but.... the Vs do have a lot of stopping power, so not sure now. Anyway, complete bike, including buying it, painting & stickers cost me £71, so quite happy with that.
What do you guys think??

Attachments

• new-build.JPG
    new-build.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,143
Back