My name is Rob, and I can't stop buying bikes......

This thread was meant to be about my new Kona but things appear to have gone off on a tangent!!

Anyway, it looks like this now:

8a840e65.jpg

incorrigible":3pblbmeq said:
"Guilty!" (raises right hand in the air)

Two years ago, I had 4 bikes.

Now I have about 4 dozen.

It's all your fault, you retrobike b@st@rds! You'll be hearing from my lawyer! :LOL:

"There I was, your Honor. I was minding my own business, surfing the internet with absolutely NO INTENTION of buying any more bikes, when suddenly I came across this website....and the rest is just a blur. The next thing I remember, I woke up surrounded by bikes and my bank account was empty!"

Wow, that is one nice collection of bikes!! Really like the colour of the FUNK right at the front! Fancy swapping it for my Manitou? :oops:

Minty Sauce":2vcce1ca said:
Wow, that is one nice collection of bikes!! Really like the colour of the FUNK right at the front! Fancy swapping it for my Manitou? :oops:

Thanks for the compliment, but no, I definitely want to build that Funk and ride it. When I bought it, it had a rock shocks fork on it. Anyone know where I can get a Funk fork?

But enough about my addiction. I didn't mean to derail Rob's forum, although it was certainly beginning to look like an addiction therapy session, so I felt compelled to contribute. Do I get a token if I go for a month without buying a bike? Hey, it could happen! (theoretically speaking, of course) ;)

Hi I'm rob. It's been a while since I last attended this clinic. I have slipped a bit, I bought an Alpinestars to flip which kept me going for a while but I've just bought a Rocky Mountain. I'm worried my problem may be getting worse......

...... the Kona now has some semi-slicks, it's proper rear mech on and being as I couldn't sell the chainset that's going back on as well. The bars are now Scott AT2 shape GT bars with original grips.

I've also put a rack on it!!!

captaincosmic":10ghlj8v said:
Hi Rob
think we could form some kind of self help group ?
I started the year with 1 bike ......and now have 7 :shock:

That's the spirit Steve!.....don't bother us again until your in double figures!.... :D

I started the year with two and a frame. I now have seven and a frame, and an eighth will be on the way if the seller will get back to me with a shipping quote so I know how much money to send him. In fairness most of these bikes have cost very little and fall into the "it would be silly not to" category of financial investments. :D

Which cannot be said of ANY of the handbags my wife owns and never uses. :shock: Or any of the "financial products" my bank has tried to sell me this year. :evil:

incorrigible":1gw9axn8 said:
You can't see the fourth Haro; it's a stripped aluminum frame all the way in the back. The Extreme Comp is a front aluminum triangle with a bolt-on chrome rear triangle. I've only seen a couple of these on the Internet over the last 2 years, and this is the ONLY one that I've seen in my size. I paid $550 for it, and I had to drive over 100 miles to get it (and over 100 miles to take it back home). I can't find ANY info on it, yet there it is.

Other than a few fairly modern bikes (Giant X0, NOS MC San Andreas, MC San Andreas DNA), and a 1989 Nishiki Ariel, all my other bikes are e-stays. The vault(s) are 40-ft shipping containers (bomb-proof).

My attitude: if it's an e-stay in my size and I don't already have it, then I'll try to get it NOW while it's available, and then stow it in the vault until such time in the future that I have time to restore it and then, of course, ride it. I keep telling myself that I'll buy some pimpin' new parts for the rebuilds, but, as luck would have it, another bike that I want usually becomes available that takes precedence. I wonder: does it ever end? I think I may need intervention. This retro-addiction is making me bipolar! :LOL: :( :x :evil: :cry: :LOL: :?

(What's missing is an emoticon wearing a straightjacket)

Is that a Funk I see on the far left? That color looks familiar. :)

incorrigible":16j11nqd said:
"Guilty!" (raises right hand in the air)

Two years ago, I had 4 bikes.

Now I have about 4 dozen.

It's all your fault, you retrobike b@st@rds! You'll be hearing from my lawyer! :LOL:

"There I was, your Honor. I was minding my own business, surfing the internet with absolutely NO INTENTION of buying any more bikes, when suddenly I came across this website....and the rest is just a blur. The next thing I remember, I woke up surrounded by bikes and my bank account was empty!"

You are my E-stay hero. How much for the green ALIEN...

Thunderchild

My wife has started calling me a bike-alygamist. We have had many unresolved discussions about what a bike is. If I have to pick an arbitrator, it will be one of you reading this post. A frame is not a bike. A wheelset is not a bike. Parts are not bikes. It is only a bike if you can ride it. My bike count is 5. Her count is 15. :cool:
Past weekend I added an old Univega frame and fork which added nothing to my count
:cool:

Thunderchild

Back