My Muddys

Heres the stem:

220b7c4df355b38ae84c741d43416a5e.jpg

91150ccb75cc9a7647e83e06c1477e59.jpg

Its identical to your purple one i think. Except its yellow.

:D

Stems confuse me a bit, being as I am at least 20 years out of date :)

The one on the Pathfinder has been changed - I presume there is an adapter there because it's got a clamp on stem
(click to enlarge)

Sooo - I want a bit more height in the Trailblazer when I put drops on it

so am I right in thinking I could get the adapter off the Pathfinder and stick it on the Trailblazer (thus giving me access to all sorts of clamp on stems of different lengths and angles) and put the 1989 one on the Pathfinder, thus killing two birds with one stone?

If this will work, what's your price mrgumby? :)

Not sure about brakes yet - the ones on the Trailblazer are totally shot - I'm going to have a go at adjusting the Pathfinder ones tonight. Hopefully most of the horrendous noise and bobbins stopping power is due to half of one pad missing the rim :) I've never owned canti brakes before, let alone adjusted them. It will be fun :) The ones at SJS look a good bet if I give up. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Trailbalzer brakes yet - I thought if I was going to have to get wheels for it I would get the local bike welder dudes to put disc mounts on, but as the original wheels can be straightened I guess I'll be in the market for replacement cantis. You can see the brass inner bit of one of them on the front in the picture - it's rusted to the mount so I need to cut that off first.

As long as the trailblazer has a 1 inch headtube everything should swap in just the way you describe.

Carl

Google 'quill stem to ahead stem converter'..

All will be explained! And yes, you can move it over with no issues. Im not a big fan of ahead stems on retro bikes, i like to stick to the era correct parts as much as possible.

Heres a pic of a pathfinder i did up :

1c2954363691dfe640c01f7314a79d78.jpg

Ive also got a correct set of pathfinder wheels, with araya rims. Yours dont look original. But if they work, who cares i guess..

mrgumby":358dav0l said:

Heres a pic of a pathfinder i did up :

1c2954363691dfe640c01f7314a79d78.jpg

Ive also got a correct set of pathfinder wheels, with araya rims. Yours dont look original. But if they work, who cares i guess..

The front wheel is an araya but the rear isn't. The bike came with the other araya wheel as well, but the freewheel is broken, so I will get that sorted at some point.

If mine looks as good as that I'll be pleased and surprised in equal measure!

Hi. Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong thread but you seem to know loads about Muddy Fox. I was wondering what would be the approximate value of a fluorescent green Muddy Fox Courier Comp nowadays? Thanks

Most are faded and worth £25, some have spent their life in the dark and still have the bright neon. The non faded ones are worth between £80 and £120 i reckon.
drcarlos?

Back