My first Trek , and now first ride

Re: My first Trek

tintin40":2h3s0u3k said:
That frame looks great. Lovely work
Cheers mate :D just struggling with the great canti or v debate at the moment lol ! No hanger on the forks but the original seat clamp has one :facepalm:
Paul

I vote canti. Suits the classic lines of the frameset well. Do you insist on front suspension? Why not the original rigid forks?

PaintedDesert":2whp4ca2 said:
I vote canti. Suits the classic lines of the frameset well. Do you insist on front suspension? Why not the original rigid forks?
I really want front suspension tbh but I am leaning toward the canti idea although v s are much easier to set up and it avoids a headset mounted cable hanger .
paul

hamster":19xpimqb said:
Lovely job, Paul. That would look gorgeous with some Pace RC36 forks. Using Pace rockers for the cantis front and rear would be cool too.

Maybe you are just not finished but it's best to clearcoat the carbon as it prevents UV damage from sunlight. A marine varnish is very good:
http://www.boatpaint.co.uk/datasheets/sp/Ultrava.pdf
Hi there
I did wonder about that so it's got a good coating of wax polish at the moment until I'm sure about how it fits and rides .
I did have a set of Pace but sold them :facepalm: as usual the budget is zero so I'm trying to use what I have and after spending time messing with the canti s on my old Cinder Cone today I'm not a fan :D
Paul

Re:

Ok here is the first build up and test ride :D
Rides well , quite compliant and a good climber too .
Not as harsh as the alloy Cinder Cone I have been using lately, I think with some better tyres I might use the rigid fork on it too :D
Anyway here are a couple of pics .

If I'm not mistaken that is a 93 or 94 trek 8700. The 8700 shx was available in 95 with a judy xc. The regular 8700's were ridged and shx denotes a front shock. Beautiful build. I built a yellow 1996 8000 shx last summer. I've had a few treks over the years and they are great to ride.

Latest posts

Back