My first proper retro road claud butler cavalier 1956

Goldie........the rings on that Bluemells pump look a little close together, have you actually been using it :)

Shaun

bagpuss":2loa1xvn said:
Goldie":2loa1xvn said:
That is so nice. Don't strip and re-paint - it'll shine up like a new penny with a good clean and polish. The transfers look in great condition. In fact, the whole bike does...

I will second that.Please please do not repaint.Keep as is.I only respray if a frame is beyond bring back,or it was repainted with a yard brush.

Sorry fella's it needs the respray badly the paint on the forks was peeling off in huge flakes and there was some pitting in the tubes and rust snakes iv'e just ordered a complete set of original decals from H Lloyds its getting a re-spray in the other colour claud butler offered which was a light blue im also going to hightlight the lugs in gold and siler metalic enamel and the headtube will be infill painted in gloss ivory white im going to repaint the faded paint on the head badge too she's going to look like a brand new bike when im finished ;)

Iv'e got a NOS Nicklin chromed chainset and new bsa contintal de lux hub and the bb is like new as is the rear hub got some rims on the way all i really need is a 1" campy headset or other decent one then im 99% done :cool:

Got her back from aerocoat this morning so going to paint and detail the lugs this afternoon when I get off the boat Woop Woop

Back