My first retro ride

matt@theforce":19dv6g6s said:
ExeterMan,

I bought a couple of different caps but none of them fitted so decided the best way would be to buy a whole Marin stem off ebay for the bung. After biding my time I eventually got a whole stem for £4 :D

Nice price in the end, plus a little extra for the parts bin ;) . I'm going down the ingenuity route myself, so keeping my eyes open for that elusive scrap of soft plastic/rubber to fashion my own.

The rebuild has taken a bit of a back seat for a few weeks with one thing and another. Got back on track last night, so only a few days away from getting her rideable again.

Regards

Bit of an update on this one. Finished .............. for now. Okay, I admit it isn't period correct - the tyres, saddle and pedals are all modern - but it's solid bike, and I like it :D

Decided to hold fire on spraying the bar ends, as the cost of primer, colour and clear coat started to look a bit high relative to the budget nature of the build. I still hope to do them one day, and already have the Onza decals, but they will need to wait until I have something else to spray to share the cost of the primer and clear coat.

The sun was shining today, so a couple of pictures for your (my?) enjoyment ..............

20130402_104044Custom.jpg

20130402_104138Custom.jpg

Regards

Back