My ebay steal, a 98 Specialized Rockhopper FS

coomber":1295hww4 said:
Don't respray.. It's a brilliant finish in the flesh!

Sadly the photo's don't show 1/2 the paint damage. Theres too much to ignore, and it being a steel frame, if I want it to last, treating the rust means it has to sadly.

I need to find a decent powder coaters near me to see what colours they can do. My primary thought was a pearlesant white with green tinge, with black and carbon colour scheme, but a metalic blue and black / carbon would also work, but a 98 was also available as a lime slightly neon green, which would also work, and be very noticably 90's!

Neon Blue or something on that line with lime green decals ..

I use to own a DB back in the early nineties with flourescent pink forks Decals and handlebars and a pale grey frame so you could use that idea ;) ..

You've done a nice job there - looks way better than it did when you bought it. Gotta agree with Comber though, about the re-spray. Re-painting ruins the character and provenance of a bike; it goes from being a 98 Rockhopper to ????? an anonymous bike, even though it may still look resplendent in it's new coat. Good quality steels don't rust as quickly as 70s Datsuns anyway :LOL:
With the money you'd spend on re-spraying, you could probably pick up a better Rockhopper, transfer the best bits, sell the old one and still come out even ;)
Ride it though, what ever you do..........that's the most important bit :D

you're in london, so would be mad to choose anyone but armourtex in hackney. a bit on the pricey end , but great work and a big choice of colours and finishes.

Back