my dog and the mess he makes!!!

Bpool77":35afnh35 said:
bert uk":35afnh35 said:
Salsprocket":35afnh35 said:
Lovely looking dogs, Bert. But, looking at the mattress, I think I'm glad we have AC (Arthritic Cat) :?
I always wonder why staffies have a bad reputation? I've never had one myself but have known plenty of people who have had them and they always seem such lovely natured dogs. Is it because they have a similarity to Pitbulls or is it because, if they get in the wrong hands they can be trained to be aggressive?
your last line is nail on the head stuff mate"

if they get in the wrong hands they can be trained to be aggressive?

indeed..however thats the same as any dog whos got crap owners. :)

I have a "associate" who has a dog with a docked tail and no ears? It FOOOKIN hates wind rain and anything loud, not surprised considering rain goes straight down its lugs it's a Akita no tail n ears gone. He a queried it from somewhere not a nice dog it's damaged personally if dogs can be?
some people dock the tail and ears if they plan to use it as a fighting dog, less to get damaged/opponent dog to hang onto in a fight, that and some people think it looks good :( shame as theyre amazing dogs :(

We sort of guessed that, its a sad old Akita, not approchable but a old warrior you can see it in his eyes. My freind got him from? God knows? But he's loved now. But his bird can go into his yard and do as she wants / feed/ hanging washing up etc he is ok with that but any man BOOM kicks off. And it'll allegedly weighing 13st I know when it rears up its taller than me and it's paws are size of my hands nearly.

Just asked my pal for pics, but he's a bit of a retard.

my staff had a thing for tv remotes when he was young but he grew out of it in the end. But he did pull all the stuffing out of every dog bed I got him. Now he gas a plastic bed with old blankets in. he likes to move his bed around by dragging it around to different spots in the room. :D

Had a billy belter when i was a kid, do owt i wanted with it...was gutted when they got popular and sterioded out of thier bollox, once had a cup of tea with olde Nuttall and a chat about the blue paul spanish dog not at all unrelated to the initial dog in this thread....right thru to original pits...northumberland pits before the yanks had ever dreamt of suppor caring them up (american pit bull bla/bla). The same Northumberland pit/type being brought down to service a terrier mix in wigan...specially line bred by a pair of butcher broother fanciers who then took the off-sprog to finally be registed for type and when asked what it's type was called in a staffordshire bull (and) Terrier....simply cause thats where it was registered geographically on that day, it could of easilly have been a wign bull and terrier....some of this line went into a now extinct type over in cheshire and went by the name Cheshire white. It's an half intresting story but the mix is only top of the shop for havin a read and write underground (pit) for coin, there are too many other better things to do with an animal to keep me intrrest in them but i must agree on thier stupendous human handling characteristics from birth. Mine once woke me up in the early morning and navigated me into another bedroom to discover a family member fitting...he was a good honest dog him. Staff basically put with a beddi and a dalmation type will just about get you a white english, get the staff mongrellised gene's and you've got a coloured bull...the white types were encouraged (coin wud folla) cause vagabond brindle staffordshires at crufts wwith the queen swanning about were a no-no. Sorry to gas....make a nice steady animal out of a staff x'd with a whippet.

excellent load of reviews of a much loved breed....my love was a bit stretched last however...well 2.30AM...woke up to the sound of .....fffffffffffft...quaaaaack...parp....crackle....squeek....yep you guessed it.buddy had crapped on the floor.great!! :facepalm:

The original paperwork from the small northumberland pit type and wigan mix is owned by a doctor in the isle of man, he knocked back 17k for it in the early '90's from the kennel Club. A purer form of the strain that avoided wigan later went on to become the patterdale terrier (slightly confusing cause an earlier patterdal type alreay existed and looks nothing remotly) by introducing fell-types into the mix (and sometimes borders-from winsford) and by then the desire to fight had been overtaken by selective breeding and the same pepper was shown to Charlie (fox) that simply had to be removed cause it had plotted-up lamb worrying in lambing season.....in a rock borran (undigable).Sounds nasty i know but folk where thin back then and worked on a forme following function mantra...till the kc got involved.

Seen a 4 yr old musle man English bull the other week and asked the well chuffed owner what it weighed...5.5 stone was the answer, i told him he wanted chinning the dog would'nt see 8yrs....he told me had folk q-in up with half a k's for pups, i remembered the age old adage about the silk purse and the sows ear and floated for me tea.

Just got home. The new boy has been busy :facepalm:

3fded73214cc1a2fa1f98b1810074bb2_zps016bcc4c.jpg

Butter wouldn't melt............

f2374c507057a2642cfd75706de6329f_zpsbdd8fb65.jpg

I'm fostering a Belgian Malinois for a rescue group. Anyone who knows anything about "Maligators" will realize I have my hands full. It's 7:30am and they're currently laying beside my chair chewing on each other (after running through the house stealing the rope toy from each other). My back yard looks like it's been carpet bombed. One of them ripped up the garbage in the bathroom last night when I went out for a few hours. I think it was my Shepherd, though. She's been busted for it before.

IMG_0777_zpsba1f0b20.jpg

IMG_0784_zpsee6394de.jpg

Refereeing in the feed zone. First thing they do is go for each others food, so I have to stand beside them while they eat.

9303DAC7-E040-4E3C-8BFD-B386E7F85586-3572-00000165EA8A6DB7_zps6fc6946a.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdLhS0y9XMg[/youtube]

Back