My Daughter's (10yrs old) first retrobike - Alpinestars T24

Re:

we went on a 2 day mountainbike trip,. she loves the bike.
I will start replacing some parts soon, making it a bit lighter

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 431
Jamis Diablo":2lz9l0o7 said:
looks like a 29er
The ultimate insult for a small sized retrobike :facepalm:
Sorry, but I heard that sentence everytime... :roll:

Nice picture Defiant !

I have a special little girl,.. I suggested to respray the bike but she did not like that, she did not want to loose the decals and she liked the original damaged look of the bike.
I told her that Gil can make perfect new decals but she still was not convinced so I ordered the new decals to show these.
Kirsten is now okay with a complete respray, in the original color scheme ,...but maybe with a little more sparkling (she is a girl off course)
Also we are going to replace some of the parts to make it a bit more lightweight and better and again she has the final saying in this

We replaced the Bar with a Nuke Proof Kevlar already, looks way better then the Titanium Titus Bar.
Other things she would like different : replace the brakes with the fluor yellow Magura's, the tires with white Onza's (don't think I will find these soon so i will have to look for a different option) , replace the wheel set with something lightweight (will probably replaced by some Chris King or TNT titanium hubed wheels) and looking for a good seat post and saddle
ow,.. almost forgot,. grip shift back on the bike,.. these shifters are to heavy for her thumbs

Jamis Diablo":1ptxcirp said:
Geax made some nice white tires, not retro though.

I think KENDA also make some, which look a lot like the old Tioga Psycho's,... only white

Great update Bas! Kirsten has better taste than some other RBers! ;) Gil's decals are top-notch! I look forward to seeing how it ends up after the 'sparkly' respray! :cool:

regan_ev":3a1tnhsb said:
Great update Bas! Kirsten has better taste than some other RBers! ;) Gil's decals are top-notch! I look forward to seeing how it ends up after the 'sparkly' respray! :cool:

Thanks Regan,

Kirsten told me she would like the white to be something close to oister / pearl metallic and the front a pinkish/red metallic ,..
we'll see how that turns out

the only downside is that this will take a few weeks and she does not have a spare bike for the time being ,... i guess i will have a look for a second bike

Defiant":23hh780t said:
regan_ev":23hh780t said:

Thanks Regan,

Kirsten told me she would like the white to be something close to oister / pearl metallic and the front a pinkish/red metallic ,..
we'll see how that turns out

the only downside is that this will take a few weeks and she does not have a spare bike for the time being ,... i guess i will have a look for a second bike

Get her a BSO so that she appreciates it even more when it is repainted :D

Back