My Daughter's (10yrs old) first retrobike - Alpinestars T24

Re: My Daughter's (10yrs old) first retrobike

Oh and the stem size must be 21.1 mm's instead of the 22.2 of a 1".
Pretty hard to find...

Re:

That's awesome. Lovely story and lovely bike. I agree completely about finding a good bike for your kids as well - when you're just starting out the last thing you need is shoddy brakes and wonky steering (I'll politely sidestep my childhood history of Raleigh Grifters here!).

Really nice to see her getting a good bike and enjoying getting out. Good stuff and really lovely build [so far]! :)

Re:

Wow nice Bike for your daughter, she have many chance and hight equipment. :cool:
Your T24 have same feeling to my Sbike 503.

Great bike for your daughter! Specially the kit you've used! Saw her old Cube for sale? Pity it's to small for my daughter....

dalecooper":1aawlokg said:
Great bike for your daughter! Specially the kit you've used! Saw her old Cube for sale? Pity it's to small for my daughter....

Yes correct,.. Kirsten is now 140cm,.. that Cube is also very nice, we had a lot of fun with it but it is time to move.
Lets see how she likes the Alpinestars, if she outgrows this one, it will go to the museum, we do not have one like that yet

Re:

Love threads like this :D

I have a tiny Yo Betty waiting to be built up for my 6yr old daughter. Also have a nice collection of parts for it when she's ready.

Looking good, Bas. Especially the Spengles.

My little daughter ist 140cm as well and here's her tiny Troger Stelvio.

last weekend Kirsten got to use the bike for the first time offroad
I replaced some parts, installed V-Brakes Avid 1D to give her some extra stopping power

Back