My "Daily Driver" - Raleigh Peak (1991?)

Awesome, I reckon see if ya can get some new repro stickers made up :cool:

I believe Gil M(?) does them, might be worth a PM. :)

Ace pics

Pickle":8lzwghkw said:
Fantastic pics :cool:

Have you got anymore close ups of the Summit?

I don't think so :( but I'll have a dig and see what else I have pictures of, I do have a closer view of that Saracen somewhere.

The principle differences with the Summit were the RockShox and Deore DX shifters, I think the remainder of the spec was identical to the Peak.

Quick update, now sporting X-Lite Bar-ends as the first step of de-purplification! ;)

peakxlite.jpg

Oh the joy! :shock:

My first 'proper' mountainbike (after a Raleigh Marauder SIS), bought new (by my parents!), was identical to this! It probably saw more use than any bike I've had since ;)

Think it ended up with a nice, light, cheap, blue Kalloy Uno bars & post, and quite a few other shiny blue bits...

Ahhhhhhh...
<drifts away>

Cheers!

Thanks for PM Degs.

Looking for the pink one, like one I had as a kid :)

That blue Peak is still totally awesome though.

Lovely bike dude, I had a Ravine back then and to this day was my favourite bike I have ver owned (untill some tossed pinched it).

I had a Dune Dancer in the late 80's or early 90's (it was a long time ago and I can't quite remember) which was on a 17" frame. This was too small so my Dad bought me a Peak on a 19" frame which I still have. The only changed I made to it was a changed the brake/gear leavers into separates, changed the seat for a titanium and put on some bar ends.

I had the frame replaced as the a frame came away from the seat post. Common problem it seems! They actually replaced it with a frame which was the wrong colour (which I later found out was a later Peak frame) and as I thought it was a mistake I got them to replace it with the right frame. Good job too I suppose as it is still original.

I went through a few rear mechs as I kept bending them, but it was always Deore LX.

I recently started biking again and I am still using the same bike. I have added a mudguard on the rear, a crud catcher on the front (to stop the mud flying up into my face) and that is it.

I will get some pics up soon if anyone is interested.

And hello to all. This is my first post!

Back