my Claud Butler project

thanks chesterbell, I had a look at your topic when I was researching. I've just got my frame back from the powdercoaters. It's a similar blue to the original but it's funny how bright it looks compared to the original. I think when you see the frame on it's own it just looks brighter anyway.

I'll post some pics of it later, still need a bottom bracket and headset.

I would suspect that the bottom bracket you need has a JIS taper, not ISO like Campag. A Shimano one is the easiest way to go.

chainset

I bought an sr version for £15 last week and thought it was a bit expensive but I have no idea of the value of this chainset... i suppose 20 max is about right although it is in mint condition...

I believe I had a left crank leg break on me on a TA Silstar. Maybe it was something with that make. I still have the crank but not the left pedal leg. Broke right in the middle. Crazy pedalling home that day.

frame is back from the powdercoaters. really happy with the result.

Attachments

• IMG_4741.jpg
    IMG_4741.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_4751.jpg
    IMG_4751.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 686
if the bars aren't too deeply scratched you can very carefully polish it out with the abraisive sponge blocks you get at DIY shops use fine grade and take your time, this is very useful in removing anodizing on bars stems too them you just polish with autosol etc for an as new finish!

Back