My 80's Raleigh Pursuit Build

Re:

Looking good

Just 1 thing fhough, the seat post is attached to the saddle back to front..!

Re: Re:

MrW":4d0473pk said:
Looking good

Just 1 thing fhough, the seat post is attached to the saddle back to front..!

Thanks guys, been rushing to have it finished by this weekend..

:facepalm: I did notice the saddle after posting the pics.. It's round the right way now.. :)

Finished polishing everything and built her back up this morning.. Test ride this afternoon was fine, but thinking I need the bullhorn bars to get the right leverage for setting off etc on the single speed.. Drop bars are fine on the flat, but no good up hill..

Anyways, here's the finished product as it stands:

First attempt at bar tape.. Took a couple goes, but got there in the end :D

Shiny shiny..

Very comfortable for £21..

Wish I had the right tool to get this freewheel off.. £6 from Halfrauds, but I'd only use it once.. Tried LBS but they don't have one in the workshop.. That silver disc really needs to go.. The hub on the whole is also on it's way out, so will look to replace with a flip/flop wheel when funds allow. The rims aren't particularly straight either.. was ages setting up the brakes so they didn't rub.

Re-used my old MTB pedals for the meantime..

And some funky new bar ends..

That's all folks! :)

For doing all that in such a short time, well done to you mate!
Your brightwork has come-up properly too :)

Andy69":3u5e0f4d said:
For doing all that in such a short time, well done to you mate!
Your brightwork has come-up properly too :)

Cheers Andy, very happy with how it came out. Will update again when new bits get added..

Cranks, chainring and rear wheel will eventually be changed to a proper single-speed set-up, but I'm happy with the gearing for now.. :)

Now I've done some decent mileage on it, it's time to change it up a bit. Wasn't really getting on with the drop bars after converting to single speed and the rear wheel wasn't in the best condition, so I've opted for bullhorn bars with top mounted levers and a dedicated single speed rear wheel with the front to follow in a few weeks..

As she sits now.. Probably needs another link taking out..

Bars: Charge Slice - Seemed good value, very strong and cheap at only £16
Brakes: Tektro RL720 - Good amount of stopping power and again, cheap at £19.99

Rear Wheel: Halo Aero Rage 700c Fixed/Free Track Wheel - Pretty light, lighter than the original wheel. Much quieter coasting and very smooth bearings. Seemed a good buy at £76 and I used a halfords bought BMX freewheel I happened to have kicking around..

Now only time will tell if this lot can put up with the gravel, curb hopping and bumpy roads on my daily commute :p

Little update, new front wheel and tyres.. Halo Aero Rage Track and Specialized Armadillo Elites.. ;)

Looking pretty damn sexy now.. :D

Back