My 1991 Orange Prestige Almost there..

WandsworthRouleur":2m0hz240 said:
Very nice. And those RC30s look spot on. Did you get the legs repainted, or are they just in great nick?

I also like the fact you're running it 'sans cables', a la Mint!

Thanks for the positive comments... The forks are in very good condition, so no repaint is needed thankfully.. you don't tend to come across the black rc30 much these days... :D

Stick Legs":1z6fg2g7 said:
Oh lovely!

You know someone's nailed it when you look at it and your first though it "That's how I remember them".

Nice work. :)

Thanks.... glad it's how you remember them.. :D
Something about the 91 prestige, just a golden time for mtbs...

Re:

Exactly the sort of bike/period of Orange I read about in MBUK, etc, and lusted after in my old skint student days. Looks a real classic fade job and looks spot on with the white bars and white super long Stalk. Hot stuff. Always good to see RC30s and thumbies on a bike too. Not keen on the Ritchey Megas – would go for Ground Controls/Smoke n Darts/Onza Porcs, myself. Prefer polished silver cranks and hubs… Look forward to seeing more of the Prestige as it evolves.

That looks lovely. Such a nice colour combination and those RC30s suit it so well :cool:

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3hnif5s2 said:
Exactly the sort of bike/period of Orange I read about in MBUK, etc, and lusted after in my old skint student days. Looks a real classic fade job and looks spot on with the white bars and white super long Stalk. Hot stuff. Always good to see RC30s and thumbies on a bike too. Not keen on the Ritchey Megas – would go for Ground Controls/Smoke n Darts/Onza Porcs, myself. Prefer polished silver cranks and hubs… Look forward to seeing more of the Prestige as it evolves.

Thanks for the feedback..controls it is then.. will have to send the pictures of that Orange Lite stik seatpost to you as well.. :)

Re: Re:

Thanks for the feedback..controls it is then.. will have to send the pictures of that Orange Lite stik seatpost to you as well.. :)

Cool – I'm still up for that and getting excited about new ideas for refurbing my Orange.

For me, the GCs look more 'mountain bike'.

Wish I hadn’t sold this. I am sure we all have had some bike’s-we regret selling! Too many in my case... ahhhh

I'm going to be a Prestige owner next month. That's me done then I hope! From then on it will be about the riding.

Back