Musics 10 year rule!

Wu-Tangled":12bzub38 said:
Talking of Lydon

I was about to give my P.I.L Metal Box 1 away to a friend that loves it (and lets face it, it's not very good), and then I saw one sell on ebay for £160! So I'm flogging it instead.

;)

You can send the money to....

please let's stop old people trying to make music long after they should be dead.

Al's house
Cornwall
SW England.

Other donations are welcome. cheques to be made out to ......

Charity Against Singing Hypocrites or CASH for short. :D

Al. ;) :LOL:

I'll go with the motion, providing that we all have 10 year max careers, meaning that one could retire at say 30.

Being more serious, cos someone's musical career was cut short at three years dont mean theyve given us everything they could or would.

We all evolve over the years and mature. We're all not the same as we were >10 yrs ago. - physically, emotionally, religiously, politically. Music is based on views & emotion, so the need to express these changes comes out. Whether we want to hear em is up for debate.

BTW the PIL metal box has probably just increased in value since the recent JL BBC4 interview programme which featured it heavily as iconic retro music. Give it a year and it'll be back as skip fodder.

semi good idea al.

stiff little fingers in the 70's and 80's awesone.

now they write songs about "believing in the power of guitar and drum". not good

however we would lose idlewild. not good

pigman":i69y5p5t said:
BTW the PIL metal box has probably just increased in value since the recent JL BBC4 interview programme which featured it heavily as iconic retro music. Give it a year and it'll be back as skip fodder.

that's why i'm flogging it next week. :D

lewis1641":3g4w4uwh said:
semi good idea al.

stiff little fingers in the 70's and 80's awesone.

now they write songs about "believing in the power of guitar and drum". not good

Suspect Device by SLF is the greatest brit punk track ever! IMHO.

You wouldn't loose your ickle indy bands!! ;) You would gain new ones, with fresh ideas and views on a more regular basis.

Power to the person! ;)

chris667":x0hdjram said:
lewis1641":x0hdjram said:

I still think Idlewild are cool and cutting edge. How embarassing. :oops:

Which is the embarassing bit, liking Idlewild or using words like cool and cutting edge!!

Move over grandad. ;)

al":3evwpbpa said:
chris667":3evwpbpa said:
lewis1641":3evwpbpa said:

I still think Idlewild are cool and cutting edge. How embarassing. :oops:

Which is the embarassing bit, liking Idlewild or using words like cool and cutting edge!!

Move over grandad. ;)

i went to see idlewild last month in sheffiels and i think they are better now than they have ever been. made me feel old looking at all the 18 year old students though!

suspect device. what a song. first time i heard it was at an alternative disco in scunthorpe (dont laugh). dj playes it, dance floor emptied apart from me, my punk rock mate and this 50 year old woman dressed very conservatively jumping around like she was on fire. awesome memory.

"were gonna blow up in your face"

I think it would be far betterer if music was released with a 10 year delay , give people a chance to perfect what they are doing and save us so so much shite in the process .

If your stuff lasts 10 years without coverage on the radio or mindless sales then its going to be worth hearing .

Music would be reviewed like a fine wine unlike the way radio 1 forces anything new in your face " this is new , buy it buy it , new , new , new .

Under my regime we would have been spared the spice girls on the basis of not making anything good in their 10 year span so they would have been withheld from market .

I liked the Spice Girls! :shock:

Well, apart from that ginger one and the scouse gobby one and the blonde,Oh the scary bint!! didn't like her and the one that couldn't sing!eeerm.. mrs Beckham spice I think.

I'll tell you what you want, what you realy realy want. A bloody slap!!

When I first saw their video, I though it was an Asda checkout girl recruitment drive.
:D

Latest posts

Back