MS Racing ProCompXT 1989

mikee":3n2ikfjg said:
nice bike m8
like that a lot
rare as you say , scarce is maybe a better term

You're right, just getting carried away, rare is a bit pretentious.:oops: :oops:

I might be after some help from you if you don't mind, as it's missing the top tube and fork decals, so at some time I might ask if you can send a photo of them on your bike to see if I can get them made up.

Nice buy :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's going to be expensive to renovate, and take up far too much of your time so if you want to make a quick 100% profit let me know :twisted: :twisted:

MS

This brings back a few memories, I had one of these in 1990. For info the Pro XT was kitted out with full Deore (pre DX) kit & the Comp was Exage.

Re: MS

agentorange":2khzz9pv said:
This brings back a few memories, I had one of these in 1990. For info the Pro XT was kitted out with full Deore (pre DX) kit & the Comp was Exage.

I'm 99.99% sure it was DeoreII - I had one of these new in 89/90.

I absolutely loved that bike, until I snapped it at the headtube...

Good luck with the rebuild - you'll have fun finding the correct stem ;)

Re: MS

Petaypan":1x996p08 said:
Good luck with the rebuild - you'll have fun finding the correct stem ;)

Thanks. I've realised that the unusual stem is going to be the hardest part to track down and I intend putting a request on the wanted/for sale section, but I'll take this opportunity, while those interested in MS Racing might be looking at the thread, to put out a quick request to see if anyone knows of one that might be available.

apparently the seatpost was a bit special too
but i cant find any pics of anything out of the ordinary

I think I have a suitable period stem that looks like the Alpine stars pic and the seat post is very likely a cro-mo Kalloy.

The MS Racing stems, look very much like the ITM oversized.

scan0029-1.jpg

lgf

if you look at the pics in my link you'll see the stem
a unique think i think

Back