Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

RickTheUncivil":3os6b2ta said:
thinking about what bike(s) to bring with me....

The Hei Hei is an obvious choice, should done in time (still building) and should make a superb ride.

The Sintesi was my project for Mayhem 2017 but got delayed, seems only right I try that one out. Although I'm led to believe it rides like a pig ?

You light weight.... “it rides like a pig”

Never bothered an athletic Zen master like THM and his Vishnu inspired Race bike

As for me I’m find it’s more likely the rider that’s riding like a pig these days

I didn't want to derail THMs reign of terror, but I was also wondering what bikes to bring, seeing as I'm a noob to mayhem.

Anyone ride anything modern*, or is it all about properly embarrassing ourselves?

*modern-ish. By Our standards. Still archaic by the standards of others.

Re:

Drystone Paul used to get propper offended if you brought modern..... but since he hasn’t been around these parts for a looooong time now it’s not an issue

To be honest bring whatever you like, but one Retro would be great given it’s a Retro meeting... and the en-mass pre race course inspection on Friday afternoon is always a spectical and creates a lot of head turning for the little wheels - flat skinny bars - and arse up head down riding position !

Longun and Mike Muz will bring a dozen each - THM will bring the bizarre and Regan a perfect period correct Retro build ... and not forgetting Danson and Gerard with their AMP’s and other exotica

Oh and Any123 with a dozen of those Klien things with Di2

So long as you have fun no one’s gonna get precious.... it too relaxed for that !

K. Gotcha.

If we're planning to show off, I'll bring em all. :)

Will there be space for a camper, or is it a tent thang?

Re:

Based on last time space wasn't an issue. Tents, big tents, campers and caravans.

And there were those of us with post 2000 bikes, a few were New-new but most were 90s. Myself I took the 98 marin and a 95 kona dressed as a 97 kona.

I’m thinking 4 will do;
‘89 Pagan for weight lifting :shock:
‘90 Spectre for the night :twisted:
‘91 Antaeus to show off :cool:
‘97 Giant if I come over all weak from too much excitement and want a lighter bike to ride..... :oops:

My_Teenage_Self":3ca1hc2y said:
I didn't want to derail THMs reign of terror, but I was also wondering what bikes to bring, seeing as I'm a noob to mayhem.

Anyone ride anything modern*, or is it all about properly embarrassing ourselves?

*modern-ish. By Our standards. Still archaic by the standards of others.

Amongst others I will bring a Y2k Scott Endorphin...likely to be 3 Endorphins (Spuds & Muz's).

Me and Jussa are bringing Kirks just for LGF’s enjoyment

Any one else bringing Turds !

Back