Mountain Mayhem 2014 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy,
thanks for offering to stake out the area.

If anyone has a PA speaker setup we could borrow / buy that'd be good too.

Re:

Anyone who's coming have a 1" alloy high rise stem (the ones that look like upright roadie ones)pref black with canti routing but anything will do that they wanna sell
Cheers
Spence

The History Man":1k7dref1 said:
We are a raggle taggle mixed bag of about 50/50 retro AND very modern so thought better of it re retro prefix. Was thinking of 'Kipling' :mrgreen:

THM TSB

As THM says, we only have two retrobikes scheduled to ride at Mayhem, so using the retro tag would have been both a deception and misnomer.

Also, The Severn Bores are an informal cycling / cake eating club who have a long tradition going back many many weeks... it may even been months, no one can be sure, as the archive was lost in the disastrous 'nothing to wrap a nice bit of fruit cake in' incident, which we prefer not to talk about and is best put behind us.

In addition, 'The Bores' have proudly eaten Bakewell tart at HONC 2014, and more recently consumed some excellent home made flapjack at the Isle of Mull Cyclosportive, and as well as Mayhem, there are plans for the consumption of many different cake based comestibles at The Great Western Ride, and other cycling based cake eating events this year.

Why did you have to mention it again? You said you never would.

I could retaliate with the Dumbleton Scone Saga..............

The History Man":38jdelib said:
Why did you have to mention it again? You said you never would.
Hushhh hushhhhh, there there, I promise I won't say another word about it.

Yes, yes you could but that would be both cruel and slightly churlish, as I was unaware of the jam / cream regional protocols at the time.

Re:

Ride bikes... RIDE BIKES!

Perish the thought, oh dear, I have come over all 'needsomecake' at the mere mention of cycle based activity.

Time to break out the emergency Lardycake.

Re: Re:

any123":zwwyy9gg said:
Oh no please don't tell me you are walkers lol
Ahhhh, stop him please somebody stop him.

All this talk of physical activity...

I need to go and lay down in a darkened room with some lemon drizzle cake immediately, otherwise I will have one of my heads for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back