Mountain bikes on slicks thread ??

Re:

I can only assume/hope the comments about "Sacriledge!" are somewhat tongue-in-cheek ; didn't MBUK once run an article about how great MTB's were on road? And let's face it ; if Messrs. Fisher/Kelly/Breeze/Wolf/Bonds etc. hadn't repurposed those old newsboy bikes then this site wouldn't be half as interesting eh? It's merely coming full circle in my opinion :D Using bikes on the road that were once off roaders derived from old road bikes... Bring it on I say...
Bit more fuel for the fire:

Re: Re:

kampos":2da4sbj1 said:
I can only assume/hope the comments about "Sacriledge!" are somewhat tongue-in-cheek ; didn't MBUK once run an article about how great MTB's were on road? And let's face it ; if Messrs. Fisher/Kelly/Breeze/Wolf/Bonds etc. hadn't repurposed those old newsboy bikes then this site wouldn't be half as interesting eh? It's merely coming full circle in my opinion :D Using bikes on the road that were once off roaders derived from old road bikes... Bring it on I say...
Bit more fuel for the fire:

Is that yours ?

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2fcq1utr said:
Is that yours ?

Yessir ; it is. Goes like a stabbed rat ; once I do some cassette swapping it will have off-road tyres available too. Its an ALL-Terrain Bike after all ;)

Re:

Very nice and pretty much what I am currently building, just with a Univega 500 :)

Have you got a build thread ?

Re:

Thanks ; I guess I'm late to my own build thread but here it is :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=320322

Only built it up yesterday ; pic taken today but I figured it fit this thread of yours nicely :) Also ; I didn't want somebody telling me I had the wrong tyres on it :LOL:

I shall contribute to this thread, my 95 (i think) Eldridge Grade, bought from mr Ringo about a year or so ago with the intention of being a commuter, full original lx, the only bits ive changed have been pedals for spd's, the original seat was present but knackered, the top chainring for a 48t one and my continental grand prix slicks, with 120psi in them she absolutely flies, 2.5 miles to work in under ten mins according to my STRAAAVAAA app lol....

And i absolutely love it!

Re:

Spudly,
Always loved that year Eldridge Grade but the ones i've always seen for sale have been too big :(

Re:

It's a lovely bike and rides brilliantly, as you can tell from the large frame size and seat height im a tall chap, so it's perfect for me, gave her a new decal set when I got her too, she had a clean and a lube last weekend and she will be back in daily use from Monday!

Back