Mountain bikes on slicks thread ??

Re:

Here's my daily rider, used as a commuter and general canal path basher...

Raleigh RSP Ti frame (officially a M-Trax Proline something or other) bought for a song a couple of years back. Currently complete with a few choice British bits and pieces, running SS with a soulcraft tensioner. Current weight is a smidge under 19 lbs, complete with lights and plastic semi-mudguard type bits. Tyres of choice are old style Conti Grand Prix (I'm yet to find owt better/lighter/faster).

I toyed with selling this as a frameset at one time, but I'm rather glad I didn't - it's far and away my most ridden bike by default :D

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 724
New (old) commuter

Not sure if this counts, they're pavement tires. Bought this with the intent of making it my new commuter. Cost me $60. Cleaned/lubed (like mad) and about $30 in parts.

Attachments

• 20150602_162458.jpg
    20150602_162458.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 667
Herewith I want to show you my Dynatech Voyager of 1991 with a shimano deore XT groupset and the famous Tioga City Slicker

Best regards from mainhatten

Back when I had a load of bikes, all of them utter junk, I had a set of Schwalbe City Jet amberwalls that adorned two of my previous bikes, one modern, one from 1997: alas, it was only a Raleigh Max and well, it was rubbish. Cassette seized up one day riding down the hill I live on and it threw me off: after that I sent it to the tip.

My Fire Mountain build has Michelin Cities on it:

18274819799_af8d3dac6f_c.jpg

Re:

Just finished restoring this old 1997 Claude butler carabo originally purchased for £40 from the bay. And now looking decidedly "street"

20160530_154619.jpg

Re:

Mine on Uncle Tom Ritcheys finest one inch slicks and rubbing shoulders with the roadies....

with 90psi in 1 inch tyres it goes like hell, but looks like it been castrated.. :shock:
mind you, you can't half do some impressive skids using the Magura's

Looking forward to putting proper tyres on it for a few laps of Mountain Mayhem in two weeks time.

Attachments

• Scott Endorphin on club run 5.jpg
    Scott Endorphin on club run 5.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 386
Re:

and yes that is hand cuffs on the tri coloured Raleigh ^^ being used as a bike lock :shock:

and even more disturbing he's a RB member in the Road section

Back