Mongoose IBOC Pro SX 94 same a Giant Cadex?

Re:

I see what you mean it dose look sort of familiar apart from the rear end. Front is definitely similar to the earlier higher end cfm’s but rear is totally different. Be interesting to see how you build it up though. I must do a thread for mine once I get it back together.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":3oiahuru said:
I see what you mean it dose look sort of familiar apart from the rear end. Front is definitely similar to the earlier higher end cfm’s but rear is totally different. Be interesting to see how you build it up though. I must do a thread for mine once I get it back together.

So the rear part of the bike. The chain and seatstay in one piece with the bend in it where the dropouts are welded to has been used on several types of Mongoose IBOC bikes, incl. the one with the triangular headtube and the 95 model.

Currently the project is a lot of sandig as I am going to give it a new paintjob. Will put a carrbon front fork in it that I have lying around. New modern 1x10 drivetrain perhaps and dropbars, or something like that :)

Re:

Sounds good. I’m going 1x (not sure yet 9/10/11) and considered carbon forks but I happened upon some period correct Rock Shox Judy xc (thanks Minifreak)with long enough steerer so went with that. Hope tiglide/sus hubs, Carbon flat(and wide) bars. It haven’t been riden for about 25 years but it was my first proper mtb so cannot bring myself to get rid.

Back