Monark racer from 60/70s.

Hey!

Nice restoration, is it finished yet?

I obtained similar bike few weeks ago here in Finland and it was on all original shape, I think the seatpost, original blue cables and maybe saddle have been changed in your project.

My bike is from the year 1961, they made these only for 1960-1962. Do you have the year number at the rear hubs parts or stem and handlebar?

Looking forward to see your finished bike.

Re:

Saw your Monark, project. Am i guessing you are in Norway , as i am? Im just in the process of redoing an other norwegian champion Monark from aprox 1970, this will however be a total restoration as the rust was bad!

Vilei":ih0ggf57 said:
Hey!

Nice restoration, is it finished yet?

I obtained similar bike few weeks ago here in Finland and it was on all original shape, I think the seatpost, original blue cables and maybe saddle have been changed in your project.

My bike is from the year 1961, they made these only for 1960-1962. Do you have the year number at the rear hubs parts or stem and handlebar?

Looking forward to see your finished bike.

Hello!

Nice bike! The cables are new. There are several colour combinations on these bikes. It is actually difficult to determine the exact model. White, red and blue cables have been used. Otherwise, it is in original shape. The seat post, too. The chrome is gone, though.

It will soon be ready. I just have to assemble the crank arms, pedals and connect the wiring and adjust.

Will post pictures!

Regards, Jupan

Re: Re:

dagriise":2fe8v036 said:
Saw your Monark, project. Am i guessing you are in Norway , as i am? Im just in the process of redoing an other norwegian champion Monark from aprox 1970, this will however be a total restoration as the rust was bad!

Jepp! Please post pictures! :)

And, check out Vintage Bikes Norway on Facebook.

Regards, Jupan

Yes i know of the "Vintage bikes Norway" Facebook, but havnt got time to go through all the Vintage Norwegian stuff... Im a former bike wrench from the 70/80 and today build the odd frame as a hobby. My bike will be a ground up restoration, opposed to yours. (there is nothing like a true patinated bike.. but mine was a little far gone..) as it was very tacky/ corroded. The frame is getting a full respray, and i will gradually get the parts done up.. (Mafac, campag ava, 3ttt etc... I know of a few of your model around. and I could perhaps have a new front mec, in case your is beyond saving.. Have also got a restored Raleigh team professional 1976 model, and am going after a 50ies block chain track Monark, wich will be an exciting bike!

Regards Dag

Back