Modern steel roadbike recomendations ?

I really wanted a Genesis Equilibrium. I've little interest in road bikes, so it's the only one I actually fancy! I began collecting bits for my Peugeot Competition 500 though, just don't need now or have the urge to road ride at the mo!

Re:

The Genesis is a good solid bike, nothing fancy or particularly lightweight but the fit and comfort are really good. The retro styling appeals to me, for obvious reasons.

Here's mine:

Attachments

• Genesis Equilibrium.jpg
    Genesis Equilibrium.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 581
Re:

Raleigh brought one out as a special edition a year or 2 back, classic styling, modern bits etc..

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/pro ... lica-35181

raleigh-ti.jpg

Hewitt always gets good write ups, also Spa Cycles Audax. Probably at sub-£1000 you are looking at 725, which is the 20st century equivalent to 753...without the cost.

I was going to suggest a Dawes Audax but it looks like they dont do them anymore

Re: Re:

widowmaker":35d7eecg said:
Thanks for all the advice Chaps, i have bought a 1990 Roberts which fits the bill.

How's that a new bike!!? We could have suggested 100s of options if we knew that we had a 25 year time bracket! ;)

Re: Re:

LDP":26mhshgo said:
widowmaker":26mhshgo said:
Thanks for all the advice Chaps, i have bought a 1990 Roberts which fits the bill.

How's that a new bike!!? We could have suggested 100s of options if we knew that we had a 25 year time bracket! ;)

I changed my mind :oops: :facepalm:

Again :)

I was going to get one on the Cyclescheme so it had to be a new bike but saw a Roberts for sale which fits the bill, a nice steel frame with some modern gears and brakes :cool:

Back