Modern groupset choice ….

Hi,

I'd like to add my voice to the call for a build thread, it sounds like it going to be a seriously nice bike.

This section is fairly new and was specifically set up for forum members more modern bikes/builds/queries. I for one do love seeing high end modern bikes at cafe stops or out on the road, even though I don't own one (yet!), so why not here too?.

Cycling's a broad church so I'm sure other forum members will also enjoy seeing a classy modern build coming together.

Anyway, just my two-penn'orth, hopefully you'll indulge us. Good luck with the build.

Matt

Hi,

I'd like to add my voice to the call for a build thread, it sounds like it going to be a seriously nice bike.

This section is fairly new and was specifically set up for forum members more modern bikes/builds/queries. I for one do love seeing high end modern bikes at cafe stops or out on the road, even though I don't own one (yet!), so why not here too?.

Cycling's a broad church so I'm sure other forum members will also enjoy seeing a classy modern build coming together.

Anyway, just my two-penn'orth, hopefully you'll indulge us. Good luck with the build.

Matt

Thank you for the comments Matt. I’ve got a thread running across on weight weenies on what I’ve got so far which I’ve put below.

I may put a thread on here at some point but currently I can’t be bothered with the troll.

I'm with Matt
This section is for the modernista machines, so if modern bikes aren't for you, don't visit.

Ignore the trolling

I have no intentions of buying anything like what the OP is building, but it's still relevant and interesting. He will still have to propel it, it'll just ride a bit faster than a retro machine, so there is lots of common ground

I remember going to a classic car show. Some guy rocked up with a Tesla, which had just been launched. Most there would never own one, but the car attracted a lot of interest, questions and enthusiasm. There was no trolling whatsoever.

Just started one here

I've just bought the Shimano 11 speed rim braked groupset...£299 from Wiggle, write ups are great, I'll see how it turns out!

Yes duraace is 3k plus easily. Ultegra is £2k or slightly less if you hunt around.

Anyway decision made I’m going Ultegra. Wheels ordered with Shimano freehub as seal was good. Groupset will come in next month or so as I’m poor now
Probably a good choice - I haven't ridden the top SRAM stuff, but I have mechanical Apex with hydros on my ebike and the brakes are seriously crap compared to my friends' hydro equipped GRX bike. I seriously prefer my Avid mechanicals over these hydros.

First ride today on the new bike/groupset.

I’m impressed , likely the best groupset I’ve ridden. The gears shift so smoothly and silently that I was often glancing down to make sure it shifted. Front mech is a joy to use especially.

Brakes are ok but not as good as my Hope RX4+ on my other bike which is understandable.

Back