Modern groupset choice ….

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure if this will get any responses but I’m interested in hearing from people who own have ridden the most recent modern groupsets.

Currently my favourite is looking like the new Di2 Ultegra 12 speed but want to make sure I’m not missing a trick

Must be disc , electronic and 2x12.

I’ve read the mag reviews but they are no doubt paid.

Is Duraace worth almost double Ultegra. Seems not from reading online.

Sram force seems plastic to me and red is nearly as much as duraace. Anyone ridden both?

Should I go campag ? It’s definitely pretty but not sure on how well it works which is the most important thing.

Not ridden SRAM, but axs wireless gets a lot of love in the mtb world and makes a lot of sense for road bikes.

Dura-ace is not worth the price if you are comparing functionality. A tiny bit of weight saving, a bit less durability and a whole lot more bling.

I'd go with ultegra and spend the money elsewhere.

Not ridden SRAM, but axs wireless gets a lot of love in the mtb world and makes a lot of sense for road bikes.

Dura-ace is not worth the price if you are comparing functionality. A tiny bit of weight saving, a bit less durability and a whole lot more bling.

I'd go with ultegra and spend the money elsewhere.

I actually have XX1 AXS on my Yeti and it’s pretty great.

If force didn’t seem so plastic I would probably go with that as Red is getting expensive and I’m over budget already.

Ultegra seems the best value (cough) but also looks good. My GRX has been faultless in my gravel apart from leaking calipers which I replaced with Hope.

Been using eTap 11speed version for a few years whilst in Saudi & very impressed once set up & have had no issues since - just battery recharge all thst I’ve needed to do..no intention of any upgrade as happy with the current set up.

I have RS505 (non-series 105 level ish) hydraulics and they are awesome. Loads of power and feel/modulation. I assume the higher level groupsets use similar piston ratios and are just lighter.

I think the price of DA simply isn’t reasonable anymore. A 9000 series mechanic groupset used to be discounted to £1,000, the current one is £3,000+. How can that possibly be justifiable.

Yes duraace is 3k plus easily. Ultegra is £2k or slightly less if you hunt around.

Anyway decision made I’m going Ultegra. Wheels ordered with Shimano freehub as seal was good. Groupset will come in next month or so as I’m poor now

As that is what the frame accepts ……

Plus I want to be able to stop in all conditions and have the luxury of perfectly working gears all the time

Back