For Sale Modern Bontrager Race X Lite TLR 1480g rim brake wheelset

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have somehow amassed too many quality road wheelsets over the summer and one or two need to go. The first one is a set of Bontrager Race X Lite (RXL) TLR wheels. These wheels had an RRP of £750 back in 2013 (see the 4.5/5 bikeradar review here). They weigh exactly 1506g on my digital scales with rim tapes fitted, so the bare wheelset weight is around 1480g! Of course, they climb brilliantly. Shimano freehub, 11-speed compatible (and everything below that too, with relevant spacers depending on the cassette). The rims are tubeless compatible, though I've been running them with inner tubes and they only have standard rim tapes fitted at present. They're in very good condition with very little rim wear at all from memory, and flat braking surfaces.

I'm going to get the tyres and cassette off them in the next day or so and will clean them up properly and add photos. In the meantime, here they are on my Giant TCR a year or so ago (not used since then).

View attachment 662540

View attachment 662541

I'd like £140, collected from near Winchester, Hampshire. Or, over the bank holiday weekend I'm also going to be in the Durham area until 20th September, if anyone further north is interested!

Back