Mmmmm.....nice new toy to play with!

hoegaardenadds1":2ql804h8 said:
job jobbed. now its even cooler if you ask me! which you didn't ....

Works for me ;)

Just got to get some downtube Stumpjumper decals in white now :cool:

Pickle":2cev8z1n said:
Its a 1989 frame.

Just had 10 mins on google images, and all the pre 1990 Stumpjumpers I found have the upper rack mounts.

2 x 1989 Stumpjumpers I looked at are identical to this frame.

surely they would have semi horizontal drop outs if it was that early ?

Not to give too many secrets away:

Under the red paint, there is blue paint, under the blue paint, there is the original purple paint, original direct drive decals and yellow 'Stumpjumper' decals'.

I had this frame a long time, it got repsrayed by somebody else, I got it backa couple of months ago. It was destined for the skip but resurrected it.

Purple with yellow decals sounds like a 1991 Stumpjumper which was Team Tange Prestige and came with XC Pro groupset (Chris can confirm this I'm sure).

ededwards":2axh4hhd said:
Purple with yellow decals sounds like a 1991 Stumpjumper which was Team Tange Prestige and came with XC Pro groupset (Chris can confirm this I'm sure).

yes and mine has different drop outs .

1990 stumpjumper were white , and before they were 2 colours , heathy has one .

when I first got it (before retrobike), it had DX. Ploughing through memory the stem is in actual fact the original one that came with it.

The paint was shot and it was a rider but not a looker so it was passed on.

cchris2lou":37ncqc6v said:
Pickle":37ncqc6v said:
Its a 1989 frame.

Just had 10 mins on google images, and all the pre 1990 Stumpjumpers I found have the upper rack mounts.

2 x 1989 Stumpjumpers I looked at are identical to this frame.

surely they would have semi horizontal drop outs if it was that early ?

my 1988 claude butler sceptre has vertical dropouts.... not sure what thats got to do with anything, but thought i'd tell everyone!

here is mine :

main.php

Back