MK2 1988/89 Raleigh Mustang rescue

Re: Re:

gump":27fphdey said:
That has just brought back so many memories. Thanks. Shame you are not closer.

Riding with TSC on his black mustang, we had so much fun and really used these bikes.

Glad I could bring good memories back for you :D if you were interested I can post and I wouldn't be after much.

Dare":2vtqgrya said:
Very nice work!

How do you deal with Surface rust on chrome? Do you protect it after cleaning with something?

A good going over with Autosol and buff up followed by a a layer of car wax on the non brake surface only and wipe the braking surface with brake cleaner. I still wouldn't leave it out in the rain though :LOL:

Muddy paw":1wayjsk7 said:
Great work as per usual Tim :cool: .

Pity it wasn't a 14-15 inch as it would of been ideal for the mrs and the colour on these old bikes just looks awesome ..

Cheers Ian, she's a 21" frame but doesn't feel that big to ride. Definitely too big for your Mrs though :LOL:

Minifreak":2e57mstq said:
Muddy paw":2e57mstq said:
Great work as per usual Tim :cool: .

Pity it wasn't a 14-15 inch as it would of been ideal for the mrs and the colour on these old bikes just looks awesome ..

Cheers Ian, she's a 21" frame but doesn't feel that big to ride. Definitely too big for your Mrs though :LOL:

Your very welcome Tim ;) and yes at 21" it's most definitely too big for the mrs but something will come up eventually ..

Back