MK2 1988/89 Raleigh Mustang rescue

Just cableing up to do now once some new brake lever cable adjusters turn up, then she's ready to hit the trails again.

She'll be for sale at some point if anyone is interested, not too of the range I grant you but a thoroughly decent retro ride a lot of us may have owned at one time :)

Re:

Love it. Awesome restoration. I had the black and white Mustang, but this brings back many memories. Lol at the Merlin in the background of some of the pics, talk about chalk and cheese.

Re: Re:

TSC.":xxiulp9s said:
Love it. Awesome restoration. I had the black and white Mustang, but this brings back many memories. Lol at the Merlin in the background of some of the pics, talk about chalk and cheese.

Thanks buddy, the bike looked so sad sat out for the scrap man, hate seeing things go to waste and know many on here probably had one of these.

Yes it is a bit chalk and cheese compared to the Merlin (Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Yeti ARC and GT STS-1 just visible too ;) ), but its a quality bike none the less. Hoping to sell her on for a few quid to someone who had one and will use her.

Re:

That has just brought back so many memories. Thanks. Shame you are not closer.

Riding with TSC on his black mustang, we had so much fun and really used these bikes.

Very nice work!

How do you deal with Surface rust on chrome? Do you protect it after cleaning with something?

Great work as per usual Tim :cool: .

Pity it wasn't a 14-15 inch as it would of been ideal for the mrs and the colour on these old bikes just looks awesome ..

Back