MK2 1988/89 Raleigh Mustang rescue

Frame cleaned, rear brakes and BB remounted and seat collar given a new coat of black paint. I picked up some new inner cables this morning so I'm now ready to rebuild, shame I've got to get some sleep before a night shift.

This may be a cheap retro bike but I'm enjoying the resto process immensely :)

Re:

Had one of these myself a couple years ago. Used to collect old Raleighs. At one time I had the mustang, maverick, Aztec (My favourite), mantis and a pro race road bike. Not one of them cost me more than £10 to buy :LOL:

They might be cheap but a lot of fun can be had on them

Re:

This is cool! I still remember being very jealous of one of my school mates having one of these BITD - 15 gears seemed like loads when we had 10 speed road bikes :LOL:

Nowt wrong with cheap bike rebuilds IMO, I'm all for enjoying the process (aren't we all?) and having the same love in with my big pink Hahanna at the mo.

I might have some of those barrel adjusters at my workplace if they're still needed - I'll have a bit of a check next week..

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":37t28sbw said:
This is cool! I still remember being very jealous of one of my school mates having one of these BITD - 15 gears seemed like loads when we had 10 speed road bikes :LOL:

Nowt wrong with cheap bike rebuilds IMO, I'm all for enjoying the process (aren't we all?) and having the same love in with my big pink Hahanna at the mo.

I might have some of those barrel adjusters at my workplace if they're still needed - I'll have a bit of a check next week..

Glad your enjoying it, cleaned and regressed the wheel bearings yesterday and will likely get it pretty much back together on Tuesday fingers crossed :)

If you do have some of those brake lever barrels I'd be greatful.

Latest posts

Back