Mike's big day out, in Belgium

Cheshire1980":9zvrdtt4 said:
The BELGIUMS no how to hold a great cycling event. Always fancied going over to watch one of the many cycle cross events. I go every year and watch some the road races in Belgium such as
Dwars van vlaanderen, E3 Harelbeke, Gent Wevelgem, Tour of Flanders etc.. The national womas champ is definitely Nicki Brammier. Great photos really captured the event and atmosphere!

Unlike the road races - epic though they are - you're not rushing between vantage points, you can stroll, picking up beer, frites, burgers to the next one.
Went past signs for (Four days of ) Dunkirk, and also saw plenty of signs for ( Three days of ) De Panne too, so lots' of road racing to see, and a stone's throw from the tunnel. I think there's another big cx race at Koksijde in January, I'll have to look it up. Definitely going back again at some point.
Got a hankering for a cross bike now!

Mike

DICKO10":3p5vzlbm said:
I’ve just had to sign in to comment mike great write up looks a great event and them women :p :p

I'm pleased you did Carl, thought I was the only lecherous old man here! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

I wondered when Sid and Bernard were going to show up. :p

1183-2.jpg

Mike Muz 67":22tcuoov said:
Cheshire1980":22tcuoov said:
The BELGIUMS no how to hold a great cycling event. Always fancied going over to watch one of the many cycle cross events. I go every year and watch some the road races in Belgium such as
Dwars van vlaanderen, E3 Harelbeke, Gent Wevelgem, Tour of Flanders etc.. The national womas champ is definitely Nicki Brammier. Great photos really captured the event and atmosphere!

Unlike the road races - epic though they are - you're not rushing between vantage points, you can stroll, picking up beer, frites, burgers to the next one.
Went past signs for (Four days of ) Dunkirk, and also saw plenty of signs for ( Three days of ) De Panne too, so lots' of road racing to see, and a stone's throw from the tunnel. I think there's another big cx race at Koksijde in January, I'll have to look it up. Definitely going back again at some point.
Got a hankering for a cross bike now!

Mike

Just got one, modern. I think these are now the modern eqv. of retro mtbs

Rigid, and with modern strong wheels, sharp brakes, plenty of mud clearance, great gear range, what’s not to like!

Love mine, Cannodale cx

Re:

Trying not to be tempted by a Kinesis Tripstar Decade that a mate is selling! In ss mode, he wants £400 for it.

Mike

looks like a stella trip dude, pondering stripping my felt cx and just using the sunn cx ......

the local cx races here are quite good, the young uns are waaaaaay faster than they used to be when i was a youth, and the bikes are just amazing!!!

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3qlbg4cc said:
Trying not to be tempted by a Kinesis Tripstar Decade that a mate is selling! In ss mode, he wants £400 for it.

I don't suppose this hankering towards a SS cx bike and references to returning to said Sandy Belgium course would have anything to do with European single speed cx championship being held at the same location ?? ;)

Mike

Re: Re:

godders":7z3hmd2k said:
Mike Muz 67":7z3hmd2k said:

I don't suppose this hankering towards a SS cx bike and references to returning to said Sandy Belgium course would have anything to do with European single speed cx championship being held at the same location ?? ;)

Mike

Maybe, but I'm resisting still, Mick!

Mike

Back