Middleburn RS2 bb length... Fitting probs

Re:

Sorry chaps, I've now included the pics:

M900 with 44,36,26 finger tight
RS2 (with110 bcd spider) with 22t granny finger tight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 389
Yea Rs2 with that BB and maybe a tiny bit of offset on the BB when you tighten everything up.

That m900 stuff will give you a nasty chain line and probably the front mech will struggle unless you change the BB.

Re:

Hi all, my very final fettling. I enclose a pic of a RS2 with a compact spider and...it touches with the 22t. Advice please, thanks H.

Re:

By offset do you mean putting in a spacer behind the collar of the drive side bb cup? If I've guessed correctly, then no, the bb is fitted as it came out the pack. I'm not able to measure the chain line as I've had to pop out. I'll try to later. Thanks for all your help, H.

By offset I mean threading the NDS further in than usual and leavening the the DS sticking out a couple of mm.

Assuming you can do that with your BB of course.

Re:

Hi Jonny, I'm pretty close to knowing. I'm in conversation with the frame builder and Middleburn. It's a bit of a head scratcher as to what I'll need. I hopefully should know more by Tuesday and Wednesday, as this is when I expect Middleburn and Orrell to get back to me. The idea of your bb is a 'plan B' for an increasingly likely need for a longer bb. I understand if you are not able to wait till then, but would massively appreciate it if you can. Peace and love, H.

Back