Metric or what?

stew how much do you think your bike weighs ? and whats the pressure of air in your tyres ?

by what volume do you buy milk ?

imperial measures but that wasnt my point,i still have no idea what an eighth of an inch is :?

just to contradict what i wrote earlier:
how many links in a chain? how many gills in a bushel?
basically metric is better cos decimal is easier. im 35 too and always got tought in metric. its just cos of all the oldies refusing to be sensible ;)

I don't know anyone who orders a beer in metric in this country what ever age they are, "could I have 550ml of lager please?" Naaa !!!
Mines a pint, always will be, bar staff never correct you and tow the government line. ;)

i think you should use whatever you understand and are comforable with, so that 17.5 inch frame with its 27.2mm seatpost, the 26 inch wheel with its 135mm spacing, the 1-1/8th forks that are 420mm axle to crown, and the 1.37 inch x 113mm bottom bracket should all come together nicely.

I use both :?
I gauge my furniture in imperial but when i build it ,its done in metric :LOL:

This may sound strange ,but ive always thought as we've used the imp' system so long that its hard-wired into our perception of objects ,i therefore try to design using that idea

If i ask a customer how high they want a bookcase say,they'll reply 'oh about 6 feet' so i design it in feet and inches ,otherwise the customer might not like it if i round up to the nearest meter,most British people can judge size in imp' by eye,without knowing it

F**k Brussels :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

stew-b":c47d5s41 said:
does that answer your question LQQK??? :LOL:

...umm sort of :?

At lease the UK is consistently inconsistent, just like talking retro bikes.
Here we always seem to talk of frames and headsets in inches but BBs, cranks, seat posts and drop outs in metric. Suspension is consistently inconsistent with people easily changing from imperial to metric.

Back