merlin titanium

Re:

Weight as it stands, 9.8kg

QgMRkj8l.jpg

Re:

Couple of changes completed here, I found a Syncros post that was a better age for the bike from a member on here.

tXy61sUl.jpg

And I changed the jockey wheels to some red ones. Not entirely period correct, but they're the correct tooth count.

xDVwm5Ll.jpg

SmigQhxl.jpg

I have a couple of nice upgrades planned, hope to pull them both off in the coming weeks.

Re:

Picked these RC35s up from facebook marketplace a month or so ago. I wasn't too happy with the condition of various parts of the forks, so set about cleaning them up.

They look to have been serviced recently and the elastomers are in top condition, possibly new.

8Rwmg0Nl.jpg

They arrived with a threaded steerer and some rather garish purple arches.

I have been searching for various parts, and managed to find a couple of red anodised parts a while back, and a new crown was listed on eBay last week, but for a previous generation fork. This meant I needed to remove the sleeves that are bonded to the stanctions, easy enough with a heat gun and drift thats exactly the right size.

DaMVQG2l.jpg

The steerer is easily replaced, and is simply a CDS tube. We have various sizes and wall thicknesses at work, I chose some 1-1/8 12g T45. The clip is simply some stainless welding wire.

pDiPuOpl.jpg

There's also an aluminium steerer in the pic, it is possible I can use that instead, it's a fair bit lighter. I plan to remake the crown shim, just so the forks are perfect.

Hi,
I'm a titanium fan and i have to say that your bike is realy beautiful and very likeable with red ano details which are in the right amount ... not too much and not too less.

kanerdog1x1":15bgazkm said:

Sory if I ask, do you may intend to sell the threaded steerer and purple arches?

Thanks.

DACO":mbqxsppk said:
Hi,
I'm a titanium fan and i have to say that your bike is realy beautiful and very likeable with red ano details which are in the right amount ... not too much and not too less.

kanerdog1x1":mbqxsppk said:

Sory if I ask, do you may intend to sell the threaded steerer and purple arches?

Thanks.
Thank you. Pm incoming.

Re:

A dream come true. I have been waiting for a pair of Turbines to crop up, and some suitable rings for almost as long as I have had the bike. I fitted the sugino cranks as I had them waiting, but deep down I knew it deserved Raceface cranks.

JT1s0AKl.jpg

These turned up on US eBay last week, they arrived yesterday and I have just cleaned them up. They're lovely, they look to have only a couple of miles on them, which is good as it means I have no fear about riding the bike.

7IXIqu0l.jpg

vNIao80l.jpg

mQFkb9Il.jpg

To be honest, I didn't think I'd be able to locate cranks and rings from the right era, but these don't have the '8speed' etching so are the perfect age.

I'll fit them just now and get some fresh pics.,

Back