Merckx Corsa Extra sizing

Re:

john o groats?? i thought that place was just mythical??!

glad to hear that you're enjoying that old eddy of your's - this is the best frame that i've
ever ridden, bar none. not the lightest but by far the most comfortable..

in spite of the grimace . .

:shock:

Re:

Here's my '98 Corsa Extra in a fetching metallic purple. I'm not sure which team this is a paint scheme for. It's similar to Gan, but purple!

IMG_20141213_142239.jpg

Kit is mostly Ultegra 6500 9 speed, with 6400 brake levers and seat post and a 6600 front hub and 6700 rear hub. The down tube levers are Dura Ace 7700. Rims are H Plus Son TB14 in hard anodised grey.

I'm itching to get it finished and actually ride it, but a 9 month old daughter takes up most of my spare time!

Owner will be able to say for sure but thats looks like a standard colour design. Decals look spot on as well.
Nice!

Jamie

It's the original paint - it even has the little sticker on the chain stay saying so!
It's also the bike's best side. While it is in good condition, it does have more marks on the non-drive side, including a long scratch on the top tube.
I believe it's colour scheme FNP. I've seen a catalogue online somewhere (can't find it at the moment) with an Arcobaleno in that paint scheme.
I've not the original owner - I bought the frame from LFGSS from someone who'd bought it from a dealer in Belgium and then changed his mind.

Hi Craig and other Merckx lovers :)
heres a link to a very old thread I set up for my Merckx. page 2 has a slightly more up to date pics but I really should up date it and stick the build card etc up.
Just in case someones interested.
There are some really nice Merckx on this site and maybe we should put their details in one easy to find place.

Jamie
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65803&start=10

Re:

very nice indeed. what size is it?

the old hitachi colours of criquelion fame?

what groupset are you building it up with?

(corsa record or dura ace puh-leeeeeze)

:cool:

Back