meh, nothing you guys want to see

Was this sitting a in a basement or garage for years collecting dust? It looks like it was used sparingly over the last 26 years! The geometry looks much more comfortable and modern than the old Stumpys. I smell a ride when your knee is better! AmazingFantasticWonderful bike.

Superb, looks really nicely balanced, nice angles and proportions.

How are you getting on with the M700 shifting? I've found mine to be grim at the best of times.

Its a good looking bike though, I started out with those bars back in 1985.

I've sort of made my Reynolds 'thing' a small homage to all the early MTBs as I'm unlikely to get my hands on the real thing.

AtomicAtom":1v3ors3p said:
Was this sitting a in a basement or garage for years collecting dust? It looks like it was used sparingly over the last 26 years! The geometry looks much more comfortable and modern than the old Stumpys. I smell a ride when your knee is better! AmazingFantasticWonderful bike.

Thanks, Atom! It was definitely well used, but also well maintained. Well, at least until the last dozen years. YEs, I definitely want to go riding as soon as my leg heals.

kaiser":1v3ors3p said:
Superb, looks really nicely balanced, nice angles and proportions.

Thanks, Kais. It rides as nice as it looks; easily the best riding early 80's bike I've owned/ridden/built thus far. I have a 85 Ritchey, waiting in the wings- will definitely be comparing the two, once I'm able to ride again.

legrandefromage":1v3ors3p said:
How are you getting on with the M700 shifting? I've found mine to be grim at the best of times.

Its a good looking bike though, I started out with those bars back in 1985.

I've sort of made my Reynolds 'thing' a small homage to all the early MTBs as I'm unlikely to get my hands on the real thing.

I didn't have to do much to the shifting, (to my surprise), it gets me up and down the gears without a hiccup, so long as I'm not torquing hard while shifting; it's smoother than my suntour xc set.

The bars are made by WIN Japan, and look to have been original equipment from Fat City with this bike bitd. I need to get the full specs up, (sorry Si). I've developed a fondness for the bullmoose, and now have several- have to make a parts thread about them.

Cool, I'll have to check out your 80's Reynolds. Thanks.

clockworkgazz":1v3ors3p said:
amazing, gorgeous, delicious, scrumptious, lush, sexy, woof woof, and f**k me that is beautiful!!!!

:oops: Wow, I don't know what to say :)
Thanks, man...this is what I was looking for when I sold on my couple mid-80's Fats. This one will be staying, unless I can be assured of finding a 82/83 partially fillet brazed one...yeah right!

Woodsman":1v3ors3p said:
Cool! I'd be tempted to leave it as it is rather than restore.

Funny you should mention that. It's in survivor condition, and will remain as such, till I get some good riding out of it. I have a fresh set of Reynolds/FatCity decals from the same era sitting on a shelf, for when I'm ready to do the full restore. It will happen, one day, but for not, it's a rider. Thanks.

Will be getting up the specs shortly; my computer is not well, and might be terminal :cry:

Congrats, awesome bike. I was wondering who won that auction-I live a mile away, and went to view it in person the day the auction ended. It was a bit too small, but I was planning on bidding anyway as the shipping price was totally outrageous and I had a huge advantage with local pickup. Not long before the auction end, I had a friend stop by-no big deal, until he disconnected my PC from the internet with about a minute left in the auction to connect my PS3 .....even though I had been counting the minutes until auction end..... AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!

In the end I was glad it happened, I didn't need the bike but it was so close by I couldn't resist. I'll tell my buddy you said thanks!

If you would like, I can check with the seller to see if they might have any more history or information from the original owner about the bike, it sounded like he brings them items to sell with some regularity. Also, there is a LBS right down the street from me with an '82 or '83 Fat hanging on the wall, so First Flight doesn't quite have all of them.

Looking forward to hearing your comparison between the Fat and your Ritchey, and hope you are riding again soon.

shogun700":2s2ukqj6 said:
Congrats, awesome bike. I was wondering who won that auction-I live a mile away, and went to view it in person the day the auction ended. It was a bit too small, but I was planning on bidding anyway as the shipping price was totally outrageous and I had a huge advantage with local pickup. Not long before the auction end, I had a friend stop by-no big deal, until he disconnected my PC from the internet with about a minute left in the auction to connect my PS3 .....even though I had been counting the minutes until auction end..... AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!

In the end I was glad it happened, I didn't need the bike but it was so close by I couldn't resist. I'll tell my buddy you said thanks!

If you would like, I can check with the seller to see if they might have any more history or information from the original owner about the bike, it sounded like he brings them items to sell with some regularity. Also, there is a LBS right down the street from me with an '82 or '83 Fat hanging on the wall, so First Flight doesn't quite have all of them.

Looking forward to hearing your comparison between the Fat and your Ritchey, and hope you are riding again soon.

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share that. Tell your friend, thanks, and I'll be sure to buy him a beer, if I'm ever up your way, or vice versa :LOL:

Yes, the shipping was nuts, but buyer remorse was minimal.

That would be great if you were able to get a bit more history on the bike from the original owner, thank you. Also, think you can snap a photo of the 82/83 hanging on the wall at your LBS? That would be cool. I imagine there are a few floating around New England, the way there are old Ritcheys floating around Cali...very cool :cool:

No problem, I'm glad it went to someone who truly appreciates it. I'll try to get some photos from the LBS and info for you later this week.

Back