Mechanix Gloves

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Was about to post a question, but then did a Google and found out myself.. Then thought I'd share the knowledge.. :LOL:

Okay, I'll start over.. ;)

Was going to ask about Mechanix gloves and if anyone knew they were still being made.. The MBA Test Crew usedto wear them all the time hey..

Anyways, they are and they're here..

A406-5009_product.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've seen a pair with a tiny light built in, ideal nite ride glove for fixing mechanicals etc (cant actually see down the trail with it!)

Mechanix gloves are still around.

They're not made for riding.They rip easily around the forefinger,web of the hand and the palm of the hand.The leather versions are slightly better but still rip. They're also not ventilated so your hands will heat up.
I have four pairs and use them when working on the bikes.They have good grip when you need to use a tool to remove the cranks. It would be great if they made a sturdy glove for riding.

Good stuff mate - have wondered about those - got a pic of Hans Rey riding with some on.

Also spotted a WWF / WWE whatever the hell its called wrestler wearing some, though Im now actually into that!! :oops:

scant":cbbk9kok said:
I've seen a pair with a tiny light built in, ideal nite ride glove for fixing mechanicals etc (cant actually see down the trail with it!)

Sound like the perfect thing for ET phone home renditions...

Back