mechagouki's 1991 Marin Eldridge Grade new pix 5/6/2013!

Would you please tell me your frame number for a comparison to mine?
I love the Zolatone Marins but there is no doubt that this colorway is the absolutely coolest Marin colorway ever ever ever. :)
I'd say there is no need for another wheelset. Them Wolber rims are quality. They will go forever and XT hubs are not that great of an advantage to the LX ones on this wheelset. I'm trying to ruin this wheelset for years and years but up to this day i failed. :)
By the way i binned my DX Stis one ride after i bought my Eldridge. Bought some XT M095 push-pull units. They feel so much better to me personally so maybe this would be an useful alternative for you, too. But on the other hand i guess new 2013 shifters will be lightyears ahead performance wise.

juice":3nvd3vqi said:
Would you please tell me your frame number for a comparison to mine?
I love the Zolatone Marins but there is no doubt that this colorway is the absolutely coolest Marin colorway ever ever ever. :)

Lovely bike here thats for sure, but could I suggest a little bit of doubt

thread here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255228

Attachments

• eg side one last shot.jpg
    eg side one last shot.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 740
good stuff Charlie. that's looking ace. guess you won't be needing my set of DX STIs then. :LOL:

that Tacx tool is quite pricey for what it is. if you order one, let me know how much you get one for and how it goes. perhaps i'd order one too.

now tell me how to use the darn Park tool. I picked it up BITD to help set up canti brakes, and never successfully used it once. I think I may have attempt to a handful of times, but never figured it out. :?

Attachments

• DSC03547.JPG
    DSC03547.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 733
:oops: No clue on that one Frank, never seen that tool before!

Yep, you can sell the DX STi units on, I'll be putting push/pull rapidfire goodness on here soon anyway. Thanks for the offer though.

okay, figured out what this piece of junk tool is for. not what i thought it was intended for. i thought it helped in setting the brake pads in the correct position on the arms, but instead it's just to hold the arms in place so you can set the cable pull. :p

it's called a third hand brake tool.

41LOFrPNzeL._SL500_.jpg

here's a video if you want to watch. :LOL:

http://forums.bicycletutor.com/thread-1226.html

Back