MBUK May 1993 - Suspension ~ the full low down + MBUK Jun 1993 Suspension Showdown

To quote the final paragraph:

Read, study and understand this article, and we'll be asking questions next month. Right now, your intrepid Wrecking Crew are damaging bodies and minds on the best suspension bikes available. Bikes from GT, Offroad, Marin, Cannondale, AMP, and SBike are being thrown down extreme mountain sides to bring you the ultimate suspension shoot out next month.

The pivot position diagram is very telling. Pace nailed it. GT blew it. Keep scanning please and thank you.

Keeping the scans coming....Here's the suspension shoot-out from the following month.

Enjoy.

MBUK JUN 93. COVER.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 1.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 2.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 3.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 4.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 5.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 6.jpeg

MBUK JUN 93. FULL SUSP 7.jpeg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I was expecting the Cannondale to totally suck but surprised in how well the bike scored overall. Not surprised about the Proflex or the Marin based on info in the last magazine you did above. The Sbike totally sucking balls is no surprise either. I think it’s also called ‘the widow maker’ or so I heard because the geometry of the bike requires the rider to really hang it all over the rear tire during most descents lest he likes to go over the bars for no reason at all.

Slightly off topic, but relevant to MBUK vol 6 No 6... I still have x1 of those useless free Pedros Milk Levers! I remember trying to use one and it just snapped in half immediately. This one had been sitting in my toolbox for 30 years! 🤣

21A5F00E-044E-4EF1-8160-2F3769A5182D.jpeg

Back