May Madness Car show

<presses 'like' button>

This please:

file.php

Re: Re:

unit3":c5cffz04 said:
There be some very nice cars!
The Dino is ok, but I never been one for an over priced Fiat :O

Love hot rods and custom, makes a car your own.
What's the custom scraper? Could happily cruise in that :-D
The Custom Scraper started life as a 1966 Chevrolet Impala.... :cool:
LGF-I'm Old Skool at heart, too...

So many beautiful cars, I really appreciate the time you take to post these Pat.

Ferrari wins my heart through and through!

By the way one of my best friends worked for Jaguar for many years and is interested in your mash up!

Re:

66 triumph daytona":2cm2tijq said:
Love the Stingray,to hell with the handling,I want one.
Stingrays actually handle pretty good if you get a small block one like I had about 5 years ago-the small block weighs 150 lb. less than the big block engine, and it sits completely behind the front axle, giving almost 50/50 weight distribution-the heavier big block is larger and sits farther forward on the front axle, making it understeer quite a bit more. My small block only weighed 3050 lb.-light for a Corvette-they are a lot of fun-here's a few pics of mine...
Highlandsflyer-still working on my Jag hotrod-will give a progress report soon... :)

Attachments

• 65 Stingray.jpg
    65 Stingray.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 527
  • My Stingray.jpg
    My Stingray.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 527
Re:

Thanks for sharing! Great cars! Makes me think i am born in the wrong country... In the Netherlands these days it seems like everybody is driving 3 cylinder envorimental econonomic cars.... :facepalm: Love the big blocks!

Re:

Nice Stingray. America made beautiful cars in the 30s,50s and 60s then they kinda lost their way styling wise imo.

Re: Re:

M-Power":2bt25vdu said:
Nice Stingray. America made beautiful cars in the 30s,50s and 60s then they kinda lost their way styling wise imo.

safety, fuel consumption and emissions

I believe the speedo was blank after something like 70mph on the 'new' mustang II in 1974 and power output barely 120bhp, 4 cyclinder engines and a V6. America was importing more and more cars from johnny foreigner - smaller, often as fast and much better on fuel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis - this changed everything and California started cracking down on emissions requiring catalytic converters to be fitted in the mid 70's. Someone will correct me, I'm sure.

1975-ford-mustang-hatchback-pic-6378.jpeg

mump_0903_01_z+1973_ford_mustang_mach_1+left_front_view.jpg

1973_toyota_celica_1_lgw.jpg

Re:

You are absolutely correct, LGF. In the early 70's, when the fuel shortages started, our government started emissions testing, with catalytic converters required in about 1974. The speedo went to 80-which since has changed back to whatever they want to put on it currently. They didn't quite know how to cut smog without cutting the horsepower radically at the time, and we ended up with really weak cars through the early 80's, when fuel injection, and computer controls came in. I also had an '88 Corvette, rated at only 240 HP, but still with 350 lb. torque, so it accelerated pretty good, just not as good as my '65. It did handle better, thanks to all aluminum suspension and much better aerodynamics-my '65 started to lift off above 90-100 MPH. Here in California, nowadays any car 1975 or older is not required to pass any emissions test-hence my latest hot rod project, the '62 Jag with a hotted up 350 Corvette motor...

Attachments

• Pat + '88 Vette.jpg
    Pat + '88 Vette.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 427

Latest posts

Back