Marin 'Team Marin'

If your going for red and green surely there must be a bit of gold too??

red green and go-o-o-old!

:)

Nice paint job.
Have to say Rambos team marin is ace, I remember that model - perfect era for marin.

Update time.

As I alluded to earlier, this frame ended up having quite a few dents in it and had little original left on it, so there was no point doing a restore. Instead I added a SS to my collection.

This was done spending as little as I could. Only costs were paint, new bottom bracket and cable inners. The rest was salvaged off of old bikes and parts I had laying around. So it’s a cheapy, but a goodie.

MarinSS.jpg

MarinSS2.jpg

Only thing left is to repaint the stem as I stuffed that up BIG TIME and score some cheap SPDs.

Weighs 10kg on the nose without pedals, so not bad given there is not a single high-end part on it.

Hope it does not meet with too much disapproval.

Disaproval!! Thats a little diddler!

You've done a grand job.

I have a few pairs of SPDs i will donate you a pair. Anything you fancy?

Time atac aliums in silver maybe?

Give me a shout and i will sort something for ya.

Cheers,Al

VERY kind of you Al, but being in Oz, might not be so practical.

Appreciate the offer though.. particularly 'lack' of disapproval ;-) for a little el-cheapo hack in amongst all the big-$ beauties on this site ;-)

Its not about the money! Thats why i am giving you some pedals.

Thats the good thing about this hobby,you can cut your cloth accordingly.

I have owned some very high end bikes in my time and the ones that have given me the greatest pleasure are the simplest and on the whole the cheapest.

You can create a bike like the one you have ,that looks cool and will ride brilliantly for peanuts.

Now go and enjoy it.

Cheers,Al

ps Don't let on that steel Marins ride better than some custom built frames four times the price! ssssssssssshhh! ;)

Back