Sold Marin Team Issue Mk. 1

MuchAlohaNui

Senior Retro Guru
Hello,

1992 Marin Team Issue Mk. 1. Tange Ultimate Prestige. Model just below their Ti frame for that year. Full XTR m900 from the factory, I believe.

She's not a wall hanger. You may be proud enough to introduce her to your mother, but is definitely not going into any museums. I rescued this frame some time ago from a guy who was going to scrap it. Oh no no no, we can't have that.

Still has all the original dirt and grease from 1992 as well; awesome!

Currently has a BB-UN90 xtr M900 bottom bracket in there. I STRONGLY believe to be the original. The cups are seized, but I don't have access to torches and bench vices. BB turns surprisingly smooth, but could be better.

Rear deraileur is dead nuts straight. Rear drop outs are perfect. No dents anywhere on the frame.

Top tube: 58.5 cm (according to the Marin geometry diagram from 1992)
Seat tube: 48 cm (from center of BB housing to top of seat tube)
Head tube: 120 mm
S/N: M12JA0126

Shipping at your expense from Germany w/ signature required (or wave it at your risk). 3O1F4252.JPG 3O1F4253.JPG 3O1F4257.JPG 3O1F4258.JPG 3O1F4259.JPG 3O1F4260.JPG 3O1F4261.JPG 3O1F4262.JPG

What are you looking to swap it for?

Full XTR M900 is correct for the "Team Issue" models. Basically they were the upgraded version of the MARIN "Team Marin" rather than the just below or downgraded Team Titanium models. They were a whole different planet ;-) ;-) ;-)

You can see that yours is a true "Team Issue" frame by the serial number. M is the factory it has been produced in, 1 is the model frame "Team Issue" and 2 is the build year 1992 ... (M22xxxx would have been the "Team Marin" frame of that same year and factory)

A bit odd that yours has the (what I think) were neon green stickers. In that year, they only were on the Team Marin and the Team Titanium (and Bolinas Ridge) as far as I remember.

Is that all only dirt (especially in the bottom bracket era) or also rust? Which would be harsh - on a nickeled frame which the ISSUE frame was.

Full XTR M900 is correct for the "Team Issue" models. Basically they were the upgraded version of the MARIN "Team Marin" rather than the just below or downgraded Team Titanium models. They were a whole different planet ;-) ;-) ;-)

You can see that yours is a true "Team Issue" frame by the serial number. M is the factory it has been produced in, 1 is the model frame "Team Issue" and 2 is the build year 1992 ... (M22xxxx would have been the "Team Marin" frame of that same year and factory)

A bit odd that yours has the (what I think) were neon green stickers. In that year, they only were on the Team Marin and the Team Titanium (and Bolinas Ridge) as far as I remember.

Is that all only dirt (especially in the bottom bracket era) or also rust? Which would be harsh - on a nickeled frame which the ISSUE frame was.
Informative post. Thanks man.

Sticker color could also be that this bike sat outside for a LONG time sometimes uncovered and UV did some silly work to the stickers...or who knows, maybe the prior owner replaced the stickers with something that looked "ok". I have never seen one in the wild other than my frame above, so I have little personal experience to make comparisons.

No, down there at the bottom bracket is a mixture of dirt, grease and corrosion. The frame is in fact "nickeled".

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 13.02.03.png Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 13.01.47.png

I just took a look at all the 1992 marin Team Issues in the net. The neon yellow decals indeed not only seem to fade wo white - but also to greenish color over time as well. Although I must say, this looks too "green" for me :-D I am confused.

Last edited:
I just took a look at all the 1992 marin Team Issues in the net. The neon yellow decals indeed not only seem to fade wo white - but also to greenish color over time as well. Although I must say, this looks too "green" for me :-D I am confused.
Trade with me, so you can then see for yourself in person ;) . I am currently working on a 94' Serotta Colorado ATi and looking for weight weenie stuff.

That is really kind. I currently have a 1994 MARIN "Team FRS", a 1992 MARIN "Team Titanium", two 1993 MARIN "Team Issue", a MARIN "Pine FRS" and one 1992 MARIN "Team Marin" in the making :-D So, I am good for the next 3 years :)

Back