Marin Team Issue 1996 Near original built.

I vote for Manitous on Marins. And this is an obvious 1996 bike, not 1997. The 1997 was acid green. :D

Very nice, love it! I am on it with my 1997 Eldridge Grade these days too.

Mx

I think the same, the Manitou Mach 5 looks better in this bicycle.

For indoor use it is perfect ...

mg

Last edited:
Not easy to ride fast in tricky sections but it is fast. The only thing is that you have to know how to ride fast, not like in modern bicycles that is more easy to go down etc. But it is a lot of fun, all works perfect. Today a short ride. Very happy :)

img

img

Last edited:
A update. The seat post failed. During the last route, about in the 20km of 65 the bicycle started to do some creacking noise. I thought it was the crank set, the BB was new but not the WI cranks. I tighten the cranks and the noise continued. Afeter 50km it was horrible.

Well, the last weekend I took the bicycle to do some commuting and it was so loud that I felt ashamed. The bicycle looks mint but that horrible noise ... I was in a Hurry and when I stand up and push hard the noise stops. So that give me the first clue. At home I check the seat post and ... it was poor mechanized. Intead of 27.0 it was 26.3 so it has some deep marks during those 80km of cracking noises.
I have bought annother one, but not the original Marin Lite, because all are 27.2 and mine is 27.0. It is a Selcof and looks cool but it is not the same. It was near stock and now it will be a bit less stock (seat, and seat post not original) but I don´t care, that noise was so loud that worries me. But now the bicycle will be fast and silent:)
1701098840170.jpeg

Back