Marin Road/commuter conversion?

Sneblot

Retro Newbie
Hi I have just been gifted what (after a bit of research) looks like a Marin Indain Fire Trail frame from 1992, I was wondering if I could convert this in to a hybrid road/commuter bike?

Could this frame take road wheels?

Thanks for any advice.

Also I have never built a bike from scratch before so any help on that would be great as well.

(Picture of frame to follow.)

cheapest way to do this is just for now to swap the tyres over to something like schwalbe city jets 26 x 1.95

no need to do anything else and see how that goes

Sneblot":2exrtbwa said:
Hi I have just been gifted what (after a bit of research) looks like a Marin Indain Fire Trail frame from 1992, I was wondering if I could convert this in to a hybrid road/commuter bike?

Could this frame take road wheels?

Thanks for any advice.

Also I have never built a bike from scratch before so any help on that would be great as well.

(Picture of frame to follow.)

Hi, i built this as a single speed commuter bike, i found it very easy and as long as you follow a few basic rules all works out fine. Schwalbe City Jet tyres are perfect for a town/road commuter bike. single speed keeps things simple, hope this helps,

Jussa :)

Attachments

• dscf3069retrobiketrek_516.jpg
    dscf3069retrobiketrek_516.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 919
I did very much the same with a trek too..

ratraceratracer.jpg

not sure if yours would take 650 or 700 tyres, you 'd have to check clearances, not to mention adapters for the brakes. I have the 1.5 city jet slicks on too and they're pretty quick, especially with a 42:16 ratio

Thanks for the speedy replies, just have to get the frame and rims into the same space at the same time and we'll be cooking on gas.

Sneblot":1ndj4a3o said:
Thanks for the speedy replies, just have to get the frame and rims into the same space at the same time and we'll be cooking on gas.

Keep us updated and post some pics :)

Easy Golf Swing with Cheap Golf Equipment

I wouldn't write technical jargon. I wouldn't give 101 golf tips, nor would I tell you to take a dozen golf lessons. All I would tell you is an easy golf swing creates better contact even when you mishit it, you can go find it. When you swing HARDER, you have a greater chance of mishits that go off the planet. How many times have you swung hard and the Cheap Golf Equipment went nowhere? How many times have you swung hard and the result was what you wanted? I'll bet not too many times eh?

Re: Easy Golf Swing with Cheap Golf Equipment

Erminia10":cwbxjc0b said:

I wouldn't write technical jargon. I wouldn't give 101 golf tips, nor would I tell you to take a dozen golf lessons. All I would tell you is an easy golf swing creates better contact even when you mishit it, you can go find it. When you swing HARDER, you have a greater chance of mishits that go off the planet. How many times have you swung hard and the Cheap Golf Equipment went nowhere? How many times have you swung hard and the result was what you wanted? I'll bet not too many times eh?

Erm, are you looking for RetroGolf.co.uk??? lol :)

Re: Easy Golf Swing with Cheap Golf Equipment

Erminia10":9f4fg470 said:
How many times have you swung hard and the Cheap Golf Equipment went nowhere? How many times have you swung hard and the result was what you wanted? I'll bet not too many times eh?

You're talking about being a bit premature, right?
Don't worry, it happens to us all sooner or later.

Ok so just to keep you updated here as promised are some photos of the frame, if any keen eyed individual out there could help me narrow down what frame it is exactly that would be great.

Attachments

• 2011-11-03 16.15.57.jpg
    2011-11-03 16.15.57.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 708

Latest posts

Back